1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Scrap with a Raccoon

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Grim, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Luk8272

Luk8272 Big Dog

^Wow thats freaking silly. Glad I live in the country, where people have a little sense, or enough to mind their own buisness atleast. Seening as how they run an animal control buisness i'd start bringing home some of the animals and turning them loose at the neighbors house. Dead is dead and that wasn't hurting anyone, especially not worth the cost of the 911 call, courts, and lawyers. How is that even a call for 911? Local PD could have covered that with a simple " look man the neighbors are complaining."

2. I'm a little disturbed at how many people commenting are calling for this guy to have shot the racoon. Are any of these people THINKING about what they are saying? They honestly just recommended a man discharge a firearm in his garage/backyard in an area that is obviously residential as in the article it mentions a neighbor calling the police about the dog and racoon. I think the man would be looking at far more charges than a misdemeanor had he discharged a firearm in his garage or immediate backyard in an area full of neighbors and children.

I didn't watch the video, just very confused by the comments saying he should have used a "bullet to the head".

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

evidently folks dont know just how destructive those f*ckers can be.
    I couldnt count how many private ponds i have access to for letting Riot get rid of a couple here and there. unfished BIG BASS ponds, and a cooler of beer of my choice.
    gotta love the farmers

4. KingFisher.

KingFisher. Big Dog

10.5 months old and she let go when she got bitten i would nut her! just my 2 cents...

5. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

u crazy? 10,5 months is just a f***ing pup. Most haven't even turned on by then, probably the first time she got bit aswell so letting go doesn't have to mean anything

6. My eldest dog Sage just got into a coon yesterday in the back yard. Straight into its gut. She got some bites and scratches to her muzzle but shes ok.Son-in-law pulled her off of the coon and it ran under my shed. I'll pull it out later today if its dead.

7. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

The closest I am getting to a coon is looking down the barrel of a gun or inside my truck. I had 2 cross the road around 2 a.m. and I hit 1 of them in the last car I owned. My girlfriend who was in the car was sad and wanted me to turn around, so I did. I told her not to get out of the car because even though there cute and cuddly, they will fight you and do LOTS of damage if they get you. When we got there, I got out my 45 and loaded it. She didn't listen because I didn't kill the damn thing. She got out of the car and started to walk over to it and the others started to act crazy! She freaked out and I shot the damn thing and killed the other as well. Stupid girl, don't listen to a country boy who know's what the hell their talking about.
    As for dogs against coons, I've seen hounds get in a scrap with coons and come back with half thier face hanging off. Not a pretty sight.

8. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

I've seen a German Shepherd Dog, a Rottie and even a collie kill coons. Pit Bulls excel at it though great fighters, tenacious and game means the coon is dead meat. I saw an 11 month Pit Bull male kill a coon, then later he killed a cat too.

9. Raccoons are filthy and full of disease. Keep your dogs away from them as it is not worth dealing with whatever they may catch from killing a raccoon.

10. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Not really dog related but I have been visited one too many times by racoons in the past. I have grape wines on the front porch that runs across the top and they loved it. I was trying to leave the house one morning for work and there was one making noise on the top so I was trying to get it go away then came down and hissed at me right in front of the screen. Long story short I got my bear spray out and started blasting it in the face with along with the three others that came and joined the fun. They casually backed off rubbing their eyes just enough time for me to get in the car, havent seen them since. You cant kill them nor will animal control remove it here. The best u can do is buy the cage and once captured live they'll come move it. Pepper spray in the face works well too apparently.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Was this during the day? If so...id be worried about rabies if it was out in the open, considering theyre a nocturnal animal......

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Lmao....all this about some damn coons ....any pitbull pup of prospect age should be able to dispatch of a coon within 5min. coons are nusances....point blank.

GermanGamedogHunter likes this.
  13. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

14. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Never even heard of them let alone seen them. They might be rare, but I don't know anything about them. I've had many dogs over the years that have been avid hunters of coons, foxes and even yotes, but none of them ever had a run in with something like that. The fact that one of these things seriously injured 3 dogs before it croaked does say something about it's fighting ability though. I would note that amongst dogs game bred pit bulls are the champions of canine combatants and what some dogs would struggle with a game bred pit would make light work of.

15. miked

miked Pup

i got woods all around my yard and i found alot of coons dead n my chain space and put a dog on 1 any time i c 1 they r pretty tuff can take alot but never put a mark on none of my dogs maybe im luky but its still fun but 1 time my dog grabed a otter while hog hunting and it snaped with those huge teeth and cut my dogs leg every bite till i pulled my dog off

16. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

Queen Raccoon killer! Killed more than I can count and never got hurt doing it

[​IMG]

17. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

nvm.
    old post.

18. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

Very nice
    :)

19. those coon are nasty and they don't go down without a fight .
    [video=youtube_share;2oHatOezevw]http://youtu.be/2oHatOezevw[/video]

20. kdog123

kdog123 Pup

Just had one of the hounds take the back of a raccoons head off the other day. the raccoon bit him but he destroyed it.