1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Scooter

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by pookie!, Dec 7, 2014.

1. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Our inherited 10yr old working bred JRT. He had never been hunted but he had the drive and will, just not the experience. He had fun though on a opossum I trapped earlier this week :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

The spunk of an old jrt is incomparable and Scooter the oldtimer still gots it...

3. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

He has it big time. Hopefully we can get some pups off him in the not to distant future.

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Some of the best vermin workers are rescued jrts, as most owners dont know what thier getting into when they purchase them and soon turn into too much. According to the Terrierman (who up till recently)has only used rescues to hunt with. He has an eye on his rescues and knows good dogs are where you find them, one who utilizes these dogs knows right away what they are looking for. If I were to get a jrt I would adopt also...
    Ever thought about breeding old Scooter to a working patterdale??? Thats something that seems would really click and think jack russell/paterdale cross could be a benifit to both cousins who seem to have limited gene pools...
    Im interested in this cross if anyone does it or has, please share the results...

5. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

We have. I am going to join a few JRT pages and forums after I get his pedigree put together and see if anyone has a bitch they'd like to take to him. I'd like to get him bred to a patt as well. I just talked to a terrierman up in MN we are friends with and will be getting a dog or two from him in the near future but I don't think he has a bitch available yet. Looking in our area and supposedly there is a man with very nice working JRT in Georgia that might be interested.
    The man I talked with said that cross has nice %s.