1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

scatterbred???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by =^^=GYPSYKITTIN, Aug 30, 2008.

1. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

has anyone seen the website by dambullies.com ? I bought two pups from her yard several years ago and sadly both had to be put down cause they were so untrusworthy. they were both fear biters and so unstable in temperment Ive never come accross this before. neither of the pups were handled after age 12wks. her reasoning was she didnt want them to become attatched to her since she wasnt keeping them.
    All that did was make them kennel shy and not able to trust people. I bought them for my ex and was sorry I did all the while. has anyone else had any good result from this breeder?[​IMG]

2. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

just the name alone is keeping people away.......lol

3. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Well i hate to see anyone take a dive for money, Im not one to slander or talk bad about someone so Ill keep my opinion of her kennel and her and her husband to myself.
    I can tell you shes got over 50 crates and wire cages in her doublewide that the bulk of her dogs live in and she says a dog is gamey cause she has to discourage it from even showing an interest in another.shes now selling a lot of her adults for $100 or so cause she cant take care of them.
    I was sorry I ever even came accross her "kennel"
    I was just hoping someone might have had better luck cause the dogs had no control of thier breeding and upbringing. [​IMG]

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

They are more than scatterbred. Going by the website they have gotti and greyline, which screams "American Bully" to me, which does explain the untrustworthiness of the pups.

I never dealt with them, since I am not a fan of the American Bully, so, no personal encounters to speak of.

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

There are a lot of bully breeders down here. Sorry you got had. Next time you're looking for a dog, you should talk to some of the folks at one of the ADBA shows here. I've seen them held in Kellyville and Norman. There's also a few UKC shows from time to time, if that's more to your liking. I know they hold them in Norman, and there's a club out this way holding one in Warrenville in October.

6. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

I only bought the two pups cause the ex wanted them against my better judgement! im more into dogs bred for ability not looks. so then after the dogs went so did he!!! Best decision I coulda made!!
    So really I was just wondering if anyone had any better luck with the offspring of that kennel and it seems I was right in thinking "what was I thinking" while leaving the property! Ill stick with my gamedogs!!
    :o :o

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

one thing that drives me nuts- all these "breeders" who pose w/ their dogs, cigarette burning away, right by the dogs face. sorry- but it just screams white trash scumbag to me. if you are a professional breeder i would ~think~ you could put the butt down for the picture you are using to showcase your stock, your pictures are a direct reflection of your setup/care/commitment

8. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Seeing how I have been a smoker for for the past 24 years, go piss up a rope.

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

nic fit anyone?
    what i am saying is we are trying to promote out breed in a possitive light, we should take care w/ the pics we use to promote them aswell. if you consider yourself a professional breeder-look the part is what im saying. image goes along way, esp in marketing. to ~me~ THIS is not professional...
    [​IMG]
    im not saying a suit and tie or evening gown are required, but think about it in other facets of life? which restaurant are you more than likely to frequent- the dark greasy spoon joint, or the nice well lit diner? do you want your accountants desk a shamble of papers, or a neat organised work area...same goes for your mechanic, etc, etc,etc.

* and yes, i TOO was a smoker ( quit almost 2 years ago) but i never smoked around my dogs, and tried to not take pics, or meet with potential clients w/ cigs in hand-it just conveys the ~wrong~ business image IMHO

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

you're kidding right?

11. :confused:The post not the poster....remember?:cool:

lol I Moderate the Moderators....lmfao!

1 person likes this.
  12. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

no, im dead serious- and while we are it:

tie your shoes
    make sure the t shirt covers your gut
    and pull up your damn pants

13. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

post a pic of yourself so we can all see what an asset to the breed looks like

please

thanks

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I am not promoting shit, my dogs are not on public display for anyone. I don't buy into that whole ambassador of the breed bullshit either. You want to be an ambassador......keep them on your yard, thats how you do it.

Me personally I do not care what my breeder does with his body, none of my damn business nor will I judge him if he smoked. The only thing that I judge him on is his ability to produce good dogs, thats what really matters the most not his niccotine intake.

As far as the nic fit, nope ....I quit a month ago thanks to chantix, I just refuse to be that kind of non-smoker, as a smoker non-smokers pissed me off with thier propganda and I will not play the role of a hypocrit now that I no longer smoke.

15. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

sure- why not.mind you im NOT selling anything
    [​IMG]
    this is from a show last month-its 96* out. ( its august in TN)
    clean, non offensive t shirt?- check
    clean, tasteful shorts worn about the waist?-check
    shoes-not falling apart and tied? -check
    stepped close enough to the razor, and the head of gray hair is neat/kempt
    so yeah- not looking like i just got done w/ a 3 day drinking binge, stained t shirt w/ holes in it, etc, etc, etc, is a good representative for the breed

16. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

what im talking about is marketing image- that is all

17. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

you look fine to me but so does everyone, I dont judge people on how much they weigh, if they smoke or if they can be a swimsuit model. What does it matter? It doesnt

I'd tihink you having tattoos on your forarms would know better then to put judgement on others as I'm sure you've had some snob that judges people with tattoos look at your funny or treat you wrong at some point in your life.

- I dont smoke

- I'm not overweight

it doesnt matter though, you're acting like middle school

[​IMG]

and as far as marketing, I could care less what the people I get my dogs from looks like, in fact the last person I got one from was poor, had a belly and pulled up in a wreck old Jeep and was smoking, I knew he bred true dogs and it was all good

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  18. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Just to contribute to the, err, subtopic, one of the folks I really respect, who does a fair bit of winning with his dogs, he's got tats all over and did the whole stretching thing with his ear piercings. (I don't know what that's called.) He does dress in a nice outfit for the UKC shows, but I wouldn't care what he was wearing. It's what he does with his dogs that shows who he really is.

FWIW, though, I can understand what rallyracer is saying about wanting to portray a respectable image.

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

im not judging them as people, im judging them on a ~business~ level if you will- i cant stress this enough
    yes, i am also heavily tattooed ( cant really see in that pic- but my entire neck, all the way around is also done up)...but im not selling dogs on an internet website, so my appearance is a moot point except when out in public w/ a dog
    the guy i used to get dogs from was a big burly guy, w/ a big grizzly adams beard in the winter and a flannel shirt...and he wasnt selling dogs on an internet website either
    if it were ~me~ and i was gonna take to selling dogs via a website, i personally would take alot of care as to how the photos were taken. how is the subject?( are the dog and handler looking good?) how is the background? ( are there junk cars, and general levels of dishelvedness?)
    marketing image-this is the ONLY point im trying to make, not about one's lifestyle choices, fashion sense, or personal vice's.

20. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

For me , if the breeder is missing teeth, flannel shirt, truckers mesh ball cap, has a car up on blocks in his front and back yard, butt hanging out his mouth,beer can in hand, gun racks on his pick-up, and is a huge Nasscar fan then that is someone I might consider getting a dog from cause I would bet he knows a few things about the dogs of worth.

Appearance doesn't mean squat, its the ability to produce top notch dogs that is the most important thing to me, its not a beauty contest its a production contest and most people here agree that the guy that is producing the best dogs is the person most people want to do business with not the guy who doesn't smoke and looks the neatest.