1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ruger lc9

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dutchy954, Nov 6, 2011.

1. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

We were looking into a smaller carry gun for wifey but with a decent size round. She now has the S&W M&P.40Compact and it is a bit large. ZERO complaints about that one though, its a great piece. So we were looking at the S&W Bodyguard .380, Kahr PM40, Kahr PM9 and the Ruger LC9. We left the store with the ruger. You cannot beat the price and feel of this little gun. We went right to the range and put a few magazines downrange and were very pleased. Havent heard a bad thing about this little carry piece. I recommend it to anyone, I can fit it comfortably in my front pocket without any bulge it is so thin. Anyone own one of these?

2. hardluck

hardluck Banned

great thread man. i would like to hear some opinions on this also. i really do like the looks of the Ruger LC9. 7+1 and i would not underestimate a 9mm either lol. great option you have chosen for you wife, but i would carry that myself and im a man. it is a nice piece and i think you got the best choice in looks, feel, and price like you said. i recently bought the Taurus Public Defender Poly it loads .410 shotgun shells and has the option of also loading .45's. its a bad ass gun and you can carry/conceal it too. its a revolver though, but the way i figure it 1 shot is all it takes especially when i only keep the .410 shells in there lol...... sorry for not owing any of the ones you mentioned, but i had to chime in.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I carry a Ruger sr9c. I love how easy it is to carry and conceal with the 10 round clip in it. The 17 round clip only adds like 2 inches to the grip. It's only a 9mm but with hydro-shock rounds, it will put down a potential problem fast and quick like. I went with the 9mm over the. 40 or. 45 acp's because the recoil is much less and its easier to empty a clip in tight groups rather than having my hand jumping all over the place with the larger rounds. Just my .02

4. AGK

I forgot, being that it has an ambidextrous slide safety was the biggest factor in my purchase of the sr9c since I'm a lefty. I don't trust the trigger safety's as not pulling the trigger isn't a safety in my opinion.

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

nice unit for sure. I was on Beretta's site checkin out their stuff the other day. They have some nice pocket type pistols too. good thread.

6. AGK

7. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

That gun is pretty sweet! The wife didnt like the whole revolver idea and believe me everyone tried pushing it on her. We are really happy with this little LC9. And I would definately carry it. It is great all around and only 365 bucks brand new.

8. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

The Sr9c is a great piece too, just a little large for the wife. Like I said the S&W M&P40C is about the size of your Sr9. This little ruger is really nice though, I really recommend it. Were gonna have to take it to an indoor range and really test it out, we only put 40 rounds through it after we bought it yesterday. I was so excited hahaha!! It took the recoil like a larger frame gun for sure.