1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RPMillmaker

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by YAHHOOO, Dec 5, 2010.

1. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

I'm surprised it was delivered at all.

2. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

3. Are you someone whos owned both these mills, and can stand behind that statement ? If you bought a dogtrotter, and only got `one spin` out of it, then i suggest you send it back and get a new one. A proper dogtrotter is way better and more spinning than your rather pathetic description of it.

4. Well looking at his latest `elite`model, you get your world class slatmill, you also get a resistance mechanism, where you can have the dog replicate a carpetmill type workout, and, you also have an incline system. Lastly, and best of all, the elite model has an electric set up, where the mill can be made to work like a electric treadmill, important for those important trotting sessions, fast sprints, back to trotting etc, all controlled by a switch in your hand. Fully charged, it can do 50 miles.

So essentially, you have a 3 in 1 treadmill. Carpet, electric, slat. Now, beat that RP MILLAMKER !!!!!!!

5. Bmf_bt

Bmf_bt Big Dog

RP doesn't really have to beat it, you just buy a slat, an electrical and a carpet and use the money you saved one buying these insteed of a elite and get a good comfortable chair to sit in while you work your dogs. RP millmaker makes a good, free-spinning mill at working mans prices. More free spinning than the DTs i've seen. The DT is, IMO, a "conformation" mill, it looks great and is great on paper, but in the end i dont think its worth getting one. The more fancy equitment on there, the bigger the risk of something mal-functioning. The ones ive seen did like 3-4 turns on a good day and thats not free-spinning to me. If i want resistance i'll build my own carpet mill. Although, service vice i've heard that the gambler is a class-act so that might be enough reason to get one. The RP is a great choice if you got limited means. Not everybody can afford to buy grade-A shit. Still, he seems a bit iffy when it comes to service, deliveries takes a long time and doesn't always return e-mails.

If it was me and i were to spend top dollar on a mill i would go to a private millmaker who has proven himself to make good mills. Mills that turns 10 or more times right out of the box, without any fancy stuff on it. Just the essentials. JMO

6. A good post. I agree though, that the bling factor has somewhat increased over the years with DT mills, as well as the prices no doubt. But the mans 2 plus decades of experience also counts. And that is a pretty priceless thing to have aswell.

7. One thing I do not understand, What is RPMillmaker ?

8. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Hey Luckystrike, I bought a mill from the Gambler and the delivery took 3 months and the thing turned so poorly that I called him because I thought it was broke. I won't ever endorse one of those mills. On the flip side, he does use the best materials on the market and his hook up method is the best hands down. I contacted the RPmillmaker, and the one thing that may keep me from buying is the shipping. I need to re-read the email and figure my total cost, but by the time it is said and done, there isn't really much savings in comparison to the dog trotter's price depending on the model. I am looking for the most free spinning mill on the market and RP may be producing it, and he may not, but I do know one thing. His mill spins way more free than a dog trotter and that is what I am after.

9. The Handler

The Handler Big Dog

How long was the wait.....I spoke with the guy he said that he never knew of a mill gettin hung up at customs

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

WTH are you referring to?

11. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

years ago (about 2007) there were a handful of members on this forum who did purchase and receive their mills from him with no problem whatsoever. they lived in FL. i knew, personally, one of the guys who got one and was VERY happy with the product and the results he achieved with it. in the years that followed, there were also a couple members who had difficulty getting theirs on time, although they did get them. also, happy with the product. haven't spoken to the guy i knew in about 5 years, he's on a state mandated vacation for non-dog related issues (rest easy though, he wasn't mixing drugs and dogs).

good luck if you make the purchase.

12. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Again, there's already threads about this topic. Here it is, Handler.

13. mitchm

mitchm Pup

I'm looking to get a mill this year. I've received quotes for both. It seems there are more negative responses towards the rp mill. It's a tuff decision considering one mill is twice the price. Has anyone purchased a slatmill from Full Blown? His mills cost less than the rp mill and they look awesome. Any feedback on a FBK mill would be appreciated.

Medium Evo Pro - 2699.00, Shipping 325.00 + customs broker.
    Killer Spinner - 995.00, shipping airport to airport 490.00.

14. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

Mitchm, maybe try building one.

15. mitchm

mitchm Pup

Building one will be my last option unless a mill with a 1/4 turn is acceptable.

16. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Have you ever considered Ghostrider?

17. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Ghostrider slatmill(2): [video=youtube_share;LTy57P552J0]http://youtu.be/LTy57P552J0[/video]

18. mitchm

mitchm Pup

I have considered one because of good things posted on this site about them but I can't find an e-mail or number for them?

19. The Handler

The Handler Big Dog

Before i send my money to rp..i would have him give me some exact flight times...send him 100,then have him commit to exact time an date before he gets the rest. I dont want no excuses that he couldnt ship on time..so if you pay by paypal whats the big deal dont they cover your merchandice.

20. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

People are inpatient RP makes mills everyday. He has a 7 month backlog at minimum if u send hem your $ be prepared to wait for it 7-12 months if not longer. I don't think a lot of people understand how much work goes into making a good slatmill. I watched the old master R.Lemm make a fue it's. Very time consuming and being offset just an inch can fuck up the whole thing. Is the man good he'll yeah I have seen and used his mill first hand.
    Is it worth the money and time? yes
    Is he the man to go to if u are looking for a mill right now? No
    Is his mill better than most here in the U.S? No
    Are there better Mills for the same $ in the U.S.? Yes

there use to be a guy on here called topbox who made a he'll of a mill for $700 I'm not sure if he's still on here or not. His mills were verry good I won a fue with his mill and R.Lemm keep.