1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RPMillmaker

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by YAHHOOO, Dec 5, 2010.

1. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

But if it spins more easy, to dog has less resistance and less waste of energy for the same training. i think that's the big difference

I' have no expierence with either of those 2, just trying to think logical. Will have my dogtrotter in about 4 weeks.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

[​IMG]

theres no damn mill better for fighting dogs. what in the hell.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The dog trotter can be adjusted to not be so easily ran. A brake system is on most models that adds resistance to the belt. Wether you want it for conformation or the races, the dog trotter is the way better choice. The dt will long outlast the rp. Looks nicer, it don't sound like a freight train going through your house either. The only thing an RP mill is better than a DT mill is $$$$$.

4. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

Hm the price ...true. But how about waste of energy when training condition/wind ?

Must be less on the RP.

The DT is way more complete though

Didn't colby prepare allot of dogs on a carpet mill? In that case what do we speak about..lol

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Not sure what you mean by waste of energy. Both mills will do the job plain and simple. One is just more superior in quality hence the higher price tag. You'll replace slats and belts more often on the RP. In the end though, both are good mills and either will get the job done. ;)

6. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

What i ment is what i tried to explain on the other page.

You can do the same wind/endurance workout on dogtrotter, but RP gives less resistance to the dog. So you'd say he spills less energy. I can imagine this can be helpfull when in keep. If you're conditioning for a show it doesnt matter, and because the dog has more resistance on the DT it will probably also develop more muscle.

7. KingFisher.

KingFisher. Big Dog

any mill that struggles to do little over a 1 complete turn when first bought is a piece of junk,

8. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Thank u AGK!

9. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Bas please stop! ur making urself sound stupid. Rp does not give u less resistance and even if it did the Dogtrotter is almost to fast spinning. Thats why u use the brake and ur able to get the best of both worlds. I have had both and they can get the job done,but a mill is only as good as the man using it. Tell ur theory to all the sucessfull dogmen who use the dogtrotter( they will laugh in ur face)just like i am. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ps please stop trying to sound important and if ur going to give advice : either (speak from Experience) or (speak the FACTS).

10. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

Lol idiot. I said i dont have experience with either of them on the post before that. Just thinking out loud to get a discussion going. Didnt say i state any facts. But i would like to know the facts. i did order a dogtrotter so im not talking pro RP or anything

A few people who ALSO own the RP told me that its more freespinning then DT. so then is it very strange if i think the dog will spill less energy for the samework out? For example the same dog, on both mills for 20 minuts.

11. Skippy

Skippy Pup

Spending energy IS the workout. 100 yard dash will spend less energy and thus be less of a workout than 100 yards dragging 10lbs of chain. A less free spinning unit would surely give more of a workout in the same amount of time. I hav never used a mill either, but from hand walking vs dragging, I can tell you which makes for a better workout over 20mins.

12. NobleKnls

NobleKnls Pup

The new DT's are far from quiet. Might just be the one I got, but the only edges I will give it over the RP is the brake, shiny paint, and possible longetivity. IMO, the craftsmanship was not all that. I had to go and make sure all the nuts were tight, after the rear rims started slipping b/c someone forgot to tighten them before they sent me the mill 3 weeks late. I would be happy with either mill and I have owned both.

13. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

sounds like ur talking from experience not from a view of what u heard

14. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

sounds like ur talking from experience not from a view of what u heard.... can u see were i got confused? lol

15. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

well im deeply sorry, i dont know anyone here so i dont have to be important. also my english aint topnotch so its not always easy to say things how i like to say them

anyways, i always try to be sceptical and maybe every now and then piss some off, like you. but it helps allot to gets some facts on the table

16. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

u didnt piss me off buddy! its nothing personal... its just that alot of internet doggers like to give advice and give people totaly false facts and info. and i put them in check. I like to give people positive factual info thats all. Sorry if i was to harsh.

17. enteng45

enteng45 Pup

good day guys, i was browsing the net for a treadmill when i came accross rpmillmakers. i am from PH so it is just but practical to have the RPmill on top of my list. and i could'nt help but react to the negativity of people who are reluctant to own an RPmill before even trying out one. to help ease the burden here are some points i would like to share. I have never owned a treadmill from RP nor DT fyi. before anyone would talk trash to either of these products, please here this out.

are RPmill legit?
    these people are legit and so are their company, if you have well known friends in the dog business here in PH, you could ask them yourself and they would vouch for RPmill makers legitness.

Rpmill makers, are they quality products?
    yes, not like DT maybe but they can do the job. (based from experiences of my friends in the ''game'' who had used an RPmill.)

late deliveries?
    this would depend on the freight forwader, i know this since i was in the business for 9yrs. force of nature, civil unrest, customs delay play a big part in timely deliveries. it may arise from the country of origin or to the country of destinations and ports.
    duties and taxes are commonly handled by the recipient as well as clearance coordination with customs. commitment dates given by senders primarily are the commitment dates of freight forwarders (if no delay). for easier tracking of your products, ask for the airway bill #. you could check this online or thru the forwarders customer service.

please give rpmill makers some slack, quality mills does'nt always have to be made in the US, even us Filipinos are entitled to a decent product.

i hope this helps.

18. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Well I have seen both and I like both! And both the mills will work a dog. Yall get into the how many spins that shit dont matter when the dog gets on it can he pull the mill well if it it too much stress not good to free not good. I dont care if the mill dont get one spin if you put a dog on it he start to go thats all that matters. The real free mills spin too much where the dog is just skipping along is not good and too hard rto pull is no good. Once you get your mill unless he broke it in for you it may not get but a spin that dont meen shit, I have had mills that once new could not spin one time but you put a dog on it he has no problem working it thats all that matters, and another thing they get the mill spinning fast then let it go and count the spins I had a guy say " My mill only spins once he sent a vid he was just pushing it a bit like a lil shove and saying see it dont work. LOL Yall have to under stand a belt for a slat mill is heavy as hell it has to get moving so it will move. Common sence is not common anymore. BOTH those mills are Good mills and if you cant work a dog on the Rp something is wrong the DT is a bit tuffer and you need to break it in well but once your dog get used to it he will pull it fine also.

19. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I agree TripleJ!

20. letsmakestuffup

letsmakestuffup Big Dog

My pal recently had his rpmillmaker delivered, as they seemed good value for the money and I was considering getting one, I went over to have a look at his.

Quality is crap, its a peice of junk, yes it turns but it looks like its been thrown together. If I tried to build my first treadmill Im sure I could knock something up that would match the poor workmanship, then the second attempt would be better.

I cant beleive this guy has built hundreds of mills, has jigs set up to make the frames and still manages to turn out crap