1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ROM, GR.CH, CH. etc...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dublin526, May 26, 2007.

1. dublin526

dublin526 Pup

How are today's dogs granted titles such as ROM, GR. CH. and CH. Is there still an official list kept somewhere or is it more of an honor system?

2. zacdaddy77

zacdaddy77 Big Dog

You will not get an answer to this unless some one is stupid.The only ch's around nowadays are show champanions.

,Zac

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Anyone with a dog (or even without), a peds online account, and a keyboard can have a Ch, Gr Ch, or ROM now-days.

4. How do you learn without asking ?

5. youngheeler

youngheeler Big Dog

lol this is some funny chit

6. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

If you dont know you probably dont need to know.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Come on man, you guys minus 14rock act like its some secret info and if you leak it the secret club will self detonate and the men in black will be knocking ,...Just tell the guy what means what already.....OK/.... dude back in the day 3 won matches was a CH title 5 was a GRCH title... and POR and ROM are titles based off what your dogs offspring accomplishes...what they produces as far as CH and GRCHs go.... POR is Producer of Registries and ROM is Register of Merit...based off the same 3 and 5 guidline... CHs based off what each dog produces....3 and then 5 respectively for each title...POR then ROM

8. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I know it's not really relevant, but, APBTs are not the only one's who can achieve a ROM status. Many of today's show-dogs have done just the same. Basically, like MrDogMan said, ROM is based on the performance of a dog's offspring. I know of several shelties here in the states that hold ROM titles.

9. misterdogman , Thank you. I had no idea what rom etc. meant. As I said how do you learn without asking? zacdaddy77's response made me ? if this sight was for me. Our apbt is a family member. He is one of the 4 smartest dogs I have ever been around.(His father is one of the four) when people ? my wife , she tells them "I worry he might kiss me to death" Thanks again, dublins dad.