1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

rising illegal pit ring what to do

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by newbieturtlepits, Nov 6, 2006.

1. it has come to my attention dozens of people in the apts own pits across the street from our neighborhood.. the apts say no pits allowed...even sadder the nieghbor guy next to me is accumilating more and more visitors that bring thier pits with them when visiting him..so now got a bunch of pits tied to bushes out front..none with shots ..none with license.. might have some purebreds but lots of mixed..they come from the next town over (couple minutes) and talk of going to ole ptown(portsmouth ) to take part in fights.. which is illegal.. my thing is, who to approach with the problem.. why?? because the young dude thinks i should be doing something with my dogs ie;;fighting them.. and is eyeballing my red all the time..hes the one said to me ..id give her 150 to 200 for the dog because gotta take it out and let it do what its made to do.. well , i dont want neighbor wars ...so .. cops or animal control is my choices right or are there other places i can express my concern and have them ON NOTICE THAT THEY ARE BEING WATCHED.....

2. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I have no idea what to do...Its crazy because I'm from Portsmouth originally...Good luck with this..

EDIT: They are probably right...You wouldn't want it to be like some of my old neighbors who thought it'd be the "smart" thing to do and call Animal control because I had two pit bulls. Just ignore it. Make sure your dog is safe. If they are doing something stupid, then you don't want to be associated with it and you DEFIENTLY don't want them hurting your dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  3. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I think you should mind your own business unless you SEE them doing anything illegal.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

Hell,I think your just lonely....Damn it!

If ya got a problem with your niebors, you tell em to mind thier biz and your gonna start busten thier balls for being stupid!

5. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

if it don't involve you ,,, the best thing you can do is be a civil neighbor,,,, unless you want your dog missing or even poisioned,,, if you want to discuss something go see him

6. you mean like trespassing on my property and trying to snag one of my dogs .. i forgave that one because they are new to the block and i figured hes a young kid (18) and not very bright.. i told him we dont go to neighbors fence without letting the person of the house know about it.. he argued but not bad so i let it go.. but as you say ..

isnt piling a bunch of unlicense no rabie shot dogs illegal.. think its city code
    and yes they admitted none of the dogs had shots.. danger to the community dont you think... with all the squirrels and racoons and opposum ,, just a thought..

i will protect mine and let it go

7. they are youngsters ..hoping the no trespassing will work and we are a good neighborhood .. very neighborly morning coffee goes around the block every morning..just would like to keep it that way..

and your funny

8. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Yeah bet they came over and was all like oh by the way none of our dogs have shots or tags.. whatever. and my advice to you would be put a lock on your gate if they are coming in your yard, and put your dogs inside when you are not out there.

9. they did come out with the info .. but , ya know , i was concerned, just gonna go ahead and let it be , and give it time.. they do have a bunch of dogs , like you said , till they fighting them in the garage, heck i let it alone,
    did tell them a good piece of advice.. momma is now equiped to protect her property.. hope they understand the warning..

thanks just had to clear it in my head before going to apt rental office and
    all that.. i wont.. if something happens over there they got security to deal
    with it..

guess thats a wrap!! thanks for all the advice

10. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I think you should man-up and bust a cap in his ass, instead of snitching.
    If hes tresspassing, drop him and put a knife in his hand and say he was coming at you.

Nah just kidding.

You should mind your own business, and if they are tresspassing call the law.
    In most jurisdictions, shots and vacinations fall under the jurisdiction of county health dept., not Animal Control.AC has jurisdiction over neglect and cruelty issues.

11. omg..that was good..dont worry , i will mind my own beezwax unless they toss some dog in my yard to prove a point.. the old neighborhood is changing and i was very comfy with the way it was.. i gave him the heads up on the trespassing and made sure he understood that.. im thinking that guy needs a serious mentor to teach him because hes just soooo not bright..

you know what they say..... the best way to get rid of your worst enemy
    is to make him a friend... peace pilgrim

12. Attila

Attila Guest

Hell I liked how that started. lol That is my answer. Drop him like a sack of feed and get r done.

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Yea, I hate to admit it, but I did too!!LOL

I say, shoot the mutts tied to the bushes, it'll save problems in the long run! and take some 1" pvc pipe, cut it into 3" pieces, and drill a hole in them on one end. then nail/attach them to the top of the fence. Then get and extention cord and bare the wires, and run the pos. through the holes of the pvc, and plug it up!! After the first one gets fried, the rest will know better! Worked for me!

14. Phebes

Phebes Guest

When someone calls animal control and animal control goes out on the call they don't tell who called. These guys would have no way of knowing it was you that called.
    Besides as a person owning an APBT don't you think we should have at least half the courage and heart we expect our dogs to have and stand up for our rights by letting the authorities know what might be going on in our neighborhood.

15. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I would get the hell OUT of there and in the meantime I'd stay armed and vigilant.

And I would let it be known I'd shoot anyone I caught trying to steal dogs from me.

But again, your longterm solution is............move.

16. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

U obviously never lived in the hood, thats not the way sh*t goes down. Somehow, someway they will find out it was u that snitched and they will get their payback, thats just the way it is, i lived it i know from experience.

I suggest just mind ur own business and try ur best to move the hell out of there because it don't matter how many times they are locked up they aren't gonna stop for nobody, thats why we have something called repeat offenders.

17. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Your damn right!

18. Attila

Attila Guest

Hate to admit it but that is true of most cities, we have that out in the country too. Cops that don't keep their damn mouth shut.

pennsooner,

That is the best advise I have heard so far. Put that house on the market and move away from that city. I have never found much respect and love in a city. Last time I was in Little Rock I had to use my iron. Little bastards just can't leave shit alone. I suppose when he said check it in he didn't mean for a load of lead. That is all I have for a thief. I rack them up there with terrorest and every other enemy. There isn't any need in thieving.

edit** one thing to note if you pull a peice or a ball bat you better use the damn thing. Or they will.

19. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

realize, that in using any weapon, you're going to catch a case for felonious assault. your state issue CCws?

Mine does.

You can bet the last time some redneck pecker tried stealing my lawnmower outta the garage from my ailley and got a 1911 pointed at him, it was the last time I have had anything attempted to be taken from my garage.

But if those idiots are as ignorant as they sound, then you best move, beacuse like stated above, if you dont plan on utilizing whatever you have in your hands, they'll take it, bust you up with it, and then your dogs.

Just move.

Everything you post seems to be like, worst case scenario, no cause for hope type stuff.

Please do us all a favor and move so you and your dogs dont end up on the news with theirs.

1 person likes this.
  20. Attila

Attila Guest

That is for sure. I carry a 1911 also. Nice weapon for sure. Retirement gift from My old Commander. I have a permit also and a FFL. Knowing state laws pertaining to protecting yourself is important. Making sure the bastard is armed is also a good thing. If he isn't then arm him. Here they have to have a reasonable way of escape you can't corner them in the barn and shoot them in the head legally. And it depends if you live in the city or not. I can for protection of livestock and such, In the house the person has to be in there and have a way out if given that choice. Usually though it seems no one ever see's anything. Gun fire and most seem to go blind for some reason. lol I can't stress enough that if you pull it be prepaired to use it. If they run let them if they try to call your bluff you better plant that sucker between the eye's.

I also agree it is just best to move.