1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

rip little ones

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by shadyridgekennel, Feb 9, 2007.

1. well we lost another one this morning.so this makes 3 lost. rip little ones till we meet again!

2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Shady. :( RIP little babies.

3. Attila

Attila Guest

May be time to work up a good welping box, and something heated for this time of year.

4. lovebeingme

lovebeingme Big Dog

RIP babies :(

5. RIP babies......
    Rage is in the house right?

6. yes rage is in the house with heat and heating lamps.

7. Well we all know that the first 3-4 days are the most critical and bitches are known to do away with ones that they feel are not worth feeding.
    They sometimes kill off the weaker ones that they feel won't make it in the long run....it is sad, but maybe thats what happened?

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Losses are just part of breeding. I think I read somewhere that 95% of breeders suffer at least 1 loss in their litters at one point or another.

9. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

RIP little ones. I am sorry to hear you lost another one. Good Luck with the rest of the litter.

10. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

damn another one :( rip little ones.:(

11. Attila

Attila Guest

You get the right element and a who litter can be lost. I have seen where that parvo has taken who litters before the person could even react to it. It doesn't give much of warning before they start dying. That is some bad stuff. Some get suffocated, culled by the mother and many reasons. Nothing pretty about breeding and welping pups. It has its rewards and curses the same.

12. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so sorry. What happened?

13. short1

short1 Big Dog

that parvo is horrible I almost lost a whole litter off of a gr ch to parvo only 2 survived and they had just turned 6 weeks they were due for there first shot when it struck then about a
    year later I lost a whole litter to what seemed to be parvo the pups had there first shot and were getting ready for the second when they came down with what seemed to be parvo but the horrible smell was missing my husband was convised it had something to do with the shots which I totally disagree but it was a very weird case treated as if it was parvo fluids antibioticbut still lost everyone of them and Ill tell you they didnt make it
    36 hrs from the first sighns? became extreamly dehydrated diahrea with very little vomiting hade a pup from a different litter in with them and she never got sick bye the way sorry for your loss know its hard

14. Suki

Suki Guest

sorry to be reading about another one.....:(

good health to all the rest.

15. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

RIP :(

May the remaining ones stay strong.

16. the first one was stillborn , the second had a cleft palet and the third either get rolled on or Rage had an accident and she tried to cover it up and when she did,she must have covered the pup up as well. but the others are doing great and are very strong!

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

It's good to hear the others are doing well! :)

18. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm happy to hear the others are doing well. That is great news. More picts please!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a ledge to crawl under in their whelping pen? If not you may want to build a spot for them to crawl under so avoid being rolled on..

19. Im sorry to hear about that. Its sad, but its a fact of life. Is it cold were you are at?? Isnt there anyway you could bring the litter/bitch in the house...? So you can monitor pups more closely?

20. reread what i wrote. there are in the house