1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Envy

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Envy's Mom, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I took Envy to the vet for a hurt leg and swelling. I left knowing she had Lymphoma Cancer. After the days I found out it just took over her so fast. She was not happy and suffering so I had to make the hardest decision in the world. On Saturday I had her put down. I tell you that was harder than anything I've experienced b/c I had to do it alone (Brandon is out of town working) and the decision was all mine. I somehow feel responsible. This is really hard. I just didnt want her to suffer anymore. RIP my little girl! I will always love you! You set the bar for all my companions to come.

2. I am really sorry to hear that. Just remember she is lno longer suffering and is in a better place.

RIP Envy. You will always be in our thoughts.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

IMO, the only thing you should feel "responsible" for is easing her pain and letting her go, with dignity, to a better place, my friend! :)

It's hard, and TRULY, it sux to have to make that decision, but honestly, I think it's one of the most unselfish ones we, as humans, can make when it comes to the well being of our animals/pets.
    God bless, and I'm very sorry to be reading this, ...:(

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}} to you. xo

4. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Thanks Suki... It just doesnt feel right.

5. Suki

Suki Guest

I understand, ...
    it's a HUGE void...
    I put down my rott 6 years ago, and that still urks me, too, as HARD as that was...
    hopefully time and the comfort of family and friends will help. I hope so. You did what was best, tho. No need to prolong the inevitable...
    hang tight. :) chin up.
    and again, I'm very sorry...

6. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

It in NEVER EASY to let a good dog go...But our dogs are among the most honorable to walk the face of this earth.... and it is our duty to allow them to pass with dignity, honor and respect...the right thing to do is NEVER EASY...if it were more folks would do it... Sorry for your loss....

I held you in my arms
    As you took your final breath
    Tears filled my eyes
    As I finally accepted your death.

As you become an angel
    Tear drops hit the floor
    Silence fills the room
    Pain you'll feel no more.

How will I live without you?
    How will I go on?
    How will I face another day
    Knowing that you're gone?

But I wasn't selfish
    I only thought of you
    The peace that you must feel
    It was something I had to do.

So fly up to heaven
    Be at peace my baby
    We had a lifetime of
    something wonderful
    Never forget how happy
    you made me.

I will never forget your beautiful face. You taught forgiveness faith strength and unconditional LOVE.

You will always be in my thoughts peace be with you now till we meet again.....

7. CB

CB CH Dog

Im very sorry for your lose.

8. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I'm so sorry..I understand the feeling...you and your family will be in my thoughts....

9. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm sorry for your loss

10. squirt07

squirt07 Big Dog

RIP Envy. So sorry for your loss.

11. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

So sad, sorry for your loss......but you did the right thing.

12. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Envy's mom, I'm sorry that both you and she have had to go through this. I commend you on having the courage to let go when it was in her best intrest. RIP.

13. Attila

Attila Guest

It is never easy. Responsible is what you did not something you should feel shame for. When you love something you don't want it to suffer. I pray that if I become unable to care for myself some one has the heart to put me out of my pain and suffering. I am sure it would be harder to see her suffer longer. And when a dog dies it goes strait to God with no judgements. Your dogs spirit is whole and can never be broken. Praise be to God. I have had to do it too. It is never easy and one if normal will feel heart broken and sorrow. To morn is normal and acceptable. Do so and know your loving dog is in a better place.

14. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. My old dog got sick, out of nowhere, and just 2 days later she was so far gone, we had to let her go. You did the responsible and loving thing to do. Keeping her here in all that pain would feel a lot worse, trust me. I'm sure Envy thanks you for freeing her.

15. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

awwww Sorry to hear that :(

16. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

So sorry to hear that. Just find comfort in knowing that you did the right thing. She's in a better place and free of pain. Much love and happy thoughts to you and your family at this time.

17. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Im really sorry for your loss. RIP Envy.

18. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so very sorry for your loss! Cancer sucks!!! It isn't your fault

play hard on the other side Envy

19. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I feel for you. The one year anniversary of my GSD Xander's death just passed, he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. We too had thought he had sprained his ankle or the kitten bit him. Things happen so fast.
    She'll be waiting with bulldog impatience when it is time you meet her again.
    RIP Envy

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dog, Bob (a Labrador Retreiver/Rottweiler mix), in 2000 due to lymphoma. It's never easy but was suki said was right.....you at least let your dog pass painlessly & with the dignity & respect she deserved.