1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Reminder about dog sales on Game-Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

9. Do not post dogs for sale or up for stud. If you feel it necessary to peddle, do it elsewhere. THIS INCLUDES IN PRIVATE MESSAGING!! We do not mind if you share your kennel site, but do not do so with the intent to sell dogs. Site staff may remove such things at their discretion if they feel you are attempting to circumvent the rules. This site will not contribute to peddling on its public forums or in private. One warning will be issued for the first violation, and subsequent violations will result in your account being permanently banned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know there are some of you that want to post your breedings up just to show off. That's fine. If you post up a kennel link or a pedigree link that contains prices and/or contact information, that falls under this rule and is not allowed. If another member asks you if you're letting any go, it'd be a good idea to ignore it, tell them no, or get their contact information via PM and talk to them off the board.

To the members who keep asking the question "letting any go? keep me posted!" you're basically just entrapping the poster into having their announcement pulled if they say yes. Posters who are doing that on purpose are going to start getting warned. If you need to get in touch with a member about a breeding, please don't do it right out on the board where we have to do something about it. PM them, get their email, conduct your business off the board. Thank you very much.

2. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

hmmm I guess I've been off this board for awhile and didn't realize that the moderators read all the PMs. Don't get me wrong I don't like peddling either but its not hurting me if someone makes a deal in private, and wow actually saying that someone has to censor their website if they are just wanting to brag.

Wow... guess this caught me a little off guard, especially since their is a thread active right now with someone LOOKING for a pup...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  3. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

IMO keeping a person posted is simply only keeping them informed. in public view nor in private were any prices dicussed. If aperson wants to be updated about a litter how can YOU insinuate that they are going to buy any thing. I don't who took it down, and if it was Marty then dead topic this is that Mans site. But if he didn't have anything to do with it then WTF. Some Mods. are very quick to jump the gun and assume things. Thats why the breed suffers now cause people assume the worst when it's a APBT.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This is not a debate. It is a reminder. Whether Marty or another staff member handles things is a moot point, because the man can't be on here 24/7 waiting for folks to break rules. That's why he delegates the duties to other people. Comparing removing litter announcements on a forum that lead to folks talking about sales in public is not the same as BSL. I don't even see the foggiest hint of a comparison.

Are you talking about the thread where the poster was looking for a kennel recommendation? That's not quite the same thing. If you saw someone soliciting a puppy sale, I hope you reported it.

5. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Umm last time I checked if you were looking for a kennel to get a pup you were looking to buy right? How is that not the same thing, because he isn't selling pups just wanting to buy? You just stated in the begining of this thread that people couldn't even ASK about availablity of pups unless they took it off the board.

Seems to be a double standard, because if you don't allow sells you shouldn't allow people looking to buy because wouldn't that just mean it was ok to pimp your kennel to SELL a pup to this guy?

And by the way I have no problems with Marty, he's awesome to keep this site up and going. I do have problems with double standards, and the extreme censoring (concerning the linking of websites). Not to mention your reply gave me the impression that moderators are reading PMs all the time and not just when a problem is reported, because otherwise why would moderators know/care if someone was selling/buying a pup in PRIVATE?

6. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I think a stick might be lodged up someones ass a little to tight.... Taking their internet power a little to seriously maybe...

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Asking someone to recommend a kennel -- where presumably they're going to conduct their business off-board -- is not the same as saying "nice breeding, letting any go? Keep me posted." My reply said nothing about PMs. This post is citing rule 9 in it's entirety. I didn't write it, nor is the emphasis mine.

8. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Mutt, I'm not tryin 2 debate just make a point because IMO you were wrong. Your right the removing of post and BSL are not the same, but the way of thinking is exact. You cant assume something when you don't consider the fact based upon what you thought. Yes, I understand your a mod. but I will assume by your quote at the bottom of your postings that your also a power tripper. Everybody is not breaking rules intentionally but my bad if YOU think I did.

9. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

My quote is from a movie. As far as intentional or unintentional breaking of the rules, seriously, what difference does it make? I removed your post. I did not ban you. No lasting harm is done except for the removal of one post (or several, considering several posts broke rules today, but that's beside the point). Does this really need to keep going?

10. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Dead topic in my book

11. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

While there are some rules that are meant to be broken (I can be a queen at doing this) - I think there's a valid reason for not selling dogs on forums. One too many people out there who honestly couldn't handle some of the wonderful stock being bred by a good many individuals being one of the most prominent reasons in my book.

Obviously, if someone's serious about getting a dog, follow up and actual real time convos (at least in my book) should be a serious consideration for the safety of all - especially the dog/puppy.

There's always going to be nay-sayers for every rule or regulation, but some do hold some validity and truth to them. ;)

12. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I say dead topic to but I have to wonder if Red Cocaine was BANNED for making an off comment? Or did I miss something else?

13. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

LadyRampage, suggestion. The rules have been revised not all that long ago. Read them, please. Emphasis on Rule #8.

ETA: Since a simple reminder has been so thoroughly derailed by discontents, I guess the wise course of action would be to lock this one down now.

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

For the record I will asure you that NO ONE is reading your PM's.

The moderators do not have access to that portion of the control panel and even as a newly appointed Admin I do not have that power either.

Hope that clears things up for you folks.

15. Marty

Marty Guest

I will add this... if you think your being monitored, I can do away with the PMs once and for all again, it really don't matter to me one way or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.