1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Reids.Blood

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by eastend, Oct 30, 2010.

1. eastend

eastend Big Dog

loving the history lesson on this fine blood!!

2. riffraff

riffraff Pup

what an awesome thread with excellent info for people over here that werent into these back then but love the breed for what it is keep it coming guys im fascinated

3. j1985

j1985 Big Dog

I was thinking the same riffraff!! I want more :D

4. united

united Banned

What has he put into the breed now or has for the last 19 years? Ed only has his own interest at heart. Which is why when the DDA became law he PTS most of his dog's. Also he had been raided prior to the DDA and the RSPCA had taken all his registration record's but he kept quiet about this.

Skipper was stolen from Reid at a dog show (Uxbridge in 86 I think). And I know a couple of lads who claim to have seen him tried and they say he stopped. Which is why Skipper was return to Reid.

5. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i do not know the truth on this and do not pretend to but reid always claimed skipper came back to him without a mark on him, so i am sceptical as to whether he was rolled, either that or mr reid was fibbing. to be honest i would not take the word of a dog thief or anyone that associated with them as fact though.(i mean those that were supposedly there)
    if that is true (and i do not know) about the registrations being siezed then that is bad craic.but it does seem a lot of rumour is associated with the man that never seems to be backed up with facts, i would love know for sure one way or the other.
    the guy had to make a living somewhere i guess and he supplied a demand, he produced healthy, athletic dogs that the public seemed to lap up and some turned out to be great pit dogs.his yard when i visited was always clean and tidy, yeah he bred a lot but in those days so did a lot of other guys that never seem to get labelled with the peddlar tag.
    he made money from the dogs no doubt, but he was the first intro many had to these dogs, i am not going to be too hard on the old chap, i cann't bring myself to lol.

6. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I also heard the story about Skipper quitting after someone stole him from one of Ed Reid's shows, but then I heard another wee story... not saying it's true and not saying it isn't but it goes something like this... Skipper gets stolen and Ed is totally devastated, but not being short of a few quid he requests the assistance of another London dogman (who just happens to be a very serious gangster) to help him get Skipper back.

Pretty soon the word is going around dog circles that either Skipper gets returned to his owner immediately and absolutely intact or the person who stole him is totally fucked, dead, one in the nut, dumped in the Thames etc.

The thief very quickly returns Skipper back to Ed Reid without a scratch on him... However, rather than admit he handed the dog back because he was shitting himself worse than a rabbit with a target tied to his arse, he comes up with a pure whopper about returning Skipper back to his rightful owner because he quit in a roll... Whaaaaaaat???

Would a low down dog thief really have taken the trouble to return Skipper back to his owner if he quit? Wouldn't he just have culled him on the spot, tied him to a lamp post at the side of the road or said nothing and bred the balls off the dog anyway?

Believe which ever story suits your purpose... I agree with Sunbeam, it's hard not like old Ed, he is a pure gentleman but still a peddler IMO ;) As a good dogman once said... 'The truth is the best lie'

7. letsmakestuffup

letsmakestuffup Big Dog

Skipper was stolen from a dog show - True
    Skipper was returned - True ! (and Noreen handed over money to the guys who returned him !
    Skipper stopped - Dont know I wasnt there but I doubt it.
    The people who took him was in deep deep do do - True !
    Ed got his reg papers took - Lies ! He actualy destroyed all his records a good while before the shit hit the fan.

8. doubletap

doubletap Banned

they should have shot the dog thief anyway.atleast a few air vent in his knee caps for his dog thieving ways.whether skipper quit or not,some good gear has come down from that supposed quitter.

9. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

i think some rspca from uk are here trying gather info.... be careful what u give out..

10. ^^^^^They are everywhere.......................

11. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Skipper was here nigh on 30yrs ago ,as ed was a high profile breeder i would expect that the RSPCA had all the intelligence they were ever going to get back then!!! Ed sold dogs, leatherware,mags etc thats all nothing more than that .. Of course they monitor this site as they do other sites .

12. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

i was not talking about Ed.

13. j1985

j1985 Big Dog

Fucking Rspca need a good few air vents in their knee caps aswell as any dog thief!!! I was asked once if my 90lb Hybrid American Bulldog was a pitbull by a rspca officer....Morons the lot of them!!

I'v met Ed and I agree he is a true Gent, plus he liked my dog so I'm gonna be nice :D

But I would say he was a peddlar but a good one, so what if he pumped out a fair few dogs..at least they were descent stock, can't be said about many other breeders.

14. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

no such thing as a good peddlar.
    It's what caused the demise of the apbt in the UK . in some ways that's a good thing in some ways not.

[I dont mean ed reid particularly btw]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  15. eastend

eastend Big Dog

Thats bullshit ED did not cause the demise of this great breed its all the little pricks with their PET-BULLS walking the streets acting like cocks and in no way is that a good thing no way, he made his money so what!! nothing in this world is for free including good dogs..

16. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Trouble was all and sundry got hold of the dogs and bred them any old how and the market place was flooded with CHEAP pups,which attracted the wrong type of owner!!! It was common place to see the idiots with their dogs in big harnesses straining as they paraded them around. Majority of the dogs were either trained or teased to bite.Their owners were clueless as to what these dogs were about,all they knew was that they had an American Pitbull Terrier,that could kill any other breed of dog and therefore could be set on people. People and kids started to get bitten by these out of control dogs,even the police had dogs set on them as did their dogs. Hence the DDA of 1991 was rushed through. Government,police rspca etc thought this would eradicate the breed. Now nearly twenty years on history is repeating itself,many of the idiots dogs are crossbred look a like mutts as many so called breeders have bred various bull breeds that look like apbt's only a lot bigger, and the youngsters pay well over the price of a genuine apbt for a cross bred look a like that may or may not come with a hung ped if their lucky.

Back then there were two prolific breeders (peddlers if you like) that saw an opening for the apbt,had these two not bred and sold pups i'm sure some one else would have seen the gap to be filled with these dogs.

17. maxwell

maxwell Pup

Northern Lad's Nailer 1xw was a belly brother to Nuttal's Black Max 2xw (Ch.Klogger x Ch.Sheena Black)............... i was speaking with the owner of Black max, just the other day !

18. doubletap

doubletap Banned

ofcourse they are on here snooping.its an open site.thankfully the uk dogs spoken of on here are long gone.

19. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Did you read my post? what I said is true. no such thing as a good peddlar.

20. riffraff

riffraff Pup

thank god so the fruckin arsepce cant steel n put down healthy good dogs they should go and get these designer pet breeds that aqre so unhealthy and ill its unreal