1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

registering with aadr.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by meno222, Nov 21, 2007.

1. meno222

meno222 Big Dog

hi,my dog is already register with adba.he has the kennels name in front of his name with the adba, i guess the breeder made it that way.now i want to register my dog with the aadr, can i remove the his breeders kennel name and put my own name.i figure he is my dog and i could rename him. and its with a different registry,this is my first register dog so this is new to me.i already have the single registration and pedegree all filled out except for his name. thanks

2. You can re-register your dog and change the name as long as it has not been bred. And you you also may want to check to make SURE that registered name IS with the kennel at front....just because he is your dog, does not mean that you can register him with your kennel name or anything...you can do it UNDER your name, but the dog was bred and from that kennel....it will always have that name....

When y ou re-register to change names you do not have to (I dont believe) place the kennel name in front, but the info will still have to be the same....

Now on AADR, you can drop the kennel name and leave the regular name, ( I think), you might want to wait for back-up.....I could be wrong...
    Maybe this is for the call name....

Our dogs are Wildside Kennels and Red Rover Kennles, but NONE of them are registered with AADR under their Kennel name...they are listed only as the breeders and previous owners, and their actual name is what we named them, but with WSK and or RRK in front....but with ADBA they are listed as WSK's Miss Prance II and so on.....

Does this make any sense...if not, I am sorry...
    remember to get more info on that last part as I may be wrong, but I do remember registering them, and I know what I put down as the name, and I do remember dropping the kennels....on all of them!

3. 1Pit_ManyLuvs

1Pit_ManyLuvs Big Dog

Some breeders require the kennel name to be left in the registered name.

I would call the breeders and ask them if its ok......better safe then a few years down the road having legal problems because you didn't obey the contract.

4. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

why would you not want their name in front of your dog?? Do you not want anyone to know where it came from?? If thats the case i wouldn't have gotten a dog from them. If you're just wanting all the credit for what the dog accomplishes by haveing your name in front of it, thats pretty disrespectful to whom ever bred your dog. If your dog turns out to be something special, give credit where it is due to whomever did a fine breeding to produce such as an animal. just my opinion, please don't take offense

1 person likes this.
  5. Right on folks!

Keeping the breeder's name is a sign of respect. Removing it is a sign of disrespect. Your work and time did not go into making this dog. So, why not give credit where it is due?

The dog is yours and nothing is going to change that. Please be appreciative to the breeder for letting you own one off his yard.

That said, some people remove the breeder's name after they have aided that dog into gaining a recognizable title. A sign of deeper respect is to leave the breeder's name even after such accomplishments.

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I agree with the above keep the breeders name on there. That is where your dog is from, that breeder deserves to have his or her name following that pet. Especially if you are going to show him. If word got out that that was happening then it might be trouble...

JMO

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Say I purchase an adult dog named Spot from No-Name kennels.

Dogs original registered name is No-Name Kennel's Spot.

I will do Dry Creek Kennel's (No-Name Kennels) Spot.

My name first as owner, breeder name in brackets to show who bred the dog. Super simple and gives respect where respect is due.

A registered name on a adult dog should not be changed, but if it is a pup you can change it's call name to what you want.

If Spot was a pup and I don't like the name and want to call it Rebar, then I do...Dry Creek Kennel's Rebar (No-Name Kennel's Spot) but I'll only do that with a pup. I will not change an adults name.

8. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

Speaking of AADR, are they still putting out Bull A ton? I havent seen one of those in a long time.

9. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Yes...........

10. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

The last issue i got was Spring of htis year. Has there been one since? I called them to ask b ut no one answeered

11. meno222

meno222 Big Dog

i dont mean any disrespect towards the breeder it was just a tought i had, i dont have a problem with leaving the kennels name in front of my dogs name.its only in the paperwork anyways. thanks for your advice.

12. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Its the holidays so he might not respond ASAP. I believe there was a summer issue if I'm not mistaken. Was the last issue you received orange with a tan and black dog on the cover?

13. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

Yeah I have a question has anyone seen the new issue it has alivas ch maximus that one dog that got his title in tucson. I know the breeder and owner what you guys think of the dog he is a frisco bred dog