1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Reg. Or Not 2 Reg. That Is Tha ????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Gamest, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Gamest

Gamest Pup

What do yall think about dogs with papers and those who dont ? I have seen some really good one with no papers. Then again lots of people want that reassurnce that there dogs are reconized by certain ORGS. What do yall think. And who do yall prefer to REG. with.

2. gator

gator Big Dog

This thread should catch on like fire!! In my opinion the paper work on a dog has nothing to do with the performance of the dog or how he will turn out. It is helpfull in knowing that he is bred the way you want but then again paper work can be altered but the dog itself cant be!! Most of the lines today will lead back basically to the same dogs so if you are dealing with one specific line you should be pretty familiar with it anyway. The papers are also a must have if you are into conformation shows and weight pull. Anyway that is how I feel about papers, if I find a good dog the papers wont make my decision on getting it or not.

I have always found the A.D.B.A. to be pretty honest people but as all registries they are in it for the money.

3. dzar02

dzar02 Pup

the thing with the papers is if you plan being recognized or even selling your pup, it would be easier. But by all means i agree that papers has nothing to do with the ability of one's dog

4. MMK

MMK Guest

U r definetly right about the ADBA being in it just for the money. unless u send in for the rush fee u are waiting forever to get ur paper work. it is kinda like they want to take for ever so u pay the 10 day rush fee and get it in 20 days. every time i registered a dog with them and didnt put the rush on it i waited cose to 4 weeks. that is definetly one reason i like the AADR.
    a buddy of mine had a real nice dog and went a couple years without knowing the backround on it till the person he bought the dog got out of jail and he got around to asking how the dog was bred. glad he got the paperwork on it also cause the dog turned out real nice.
    MMK

5. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I PERSONALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE HAS SAID TO THIS POINT.

1. THE ADBA IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY [​IMG]

2. PAPERS DO HELP SELL THE DOG. THESE DAYS SOME FOLKS EVEN WANT DUAL OR THREE WAY PAPERS. MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT. THIS IS A REALLY BIG HASSLE ON YOUR PART.

3. ONE OF THE MOST PERFECT DOGS I EVER HAD DIDN'T COME WITH PAPERS.[​IMG]

4. PAPERS OR NOT, A DOGS ABILITY TO HUNT COMES WITH HEART BECAUSE THE DOG WITH THE MOST HEART DIGS TILL THE JOBS DONE!

JUST MY OPINIONS........JMAN

6. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Papers don't make the dog , but they're a plus. Just look at CH 35 had no papers and hardly any recognition.

7. gator

gator Big Dog

CH.35 is a perfect example,nothing was really known about that dog.

8. Gamest

Gamest Pup

35 was a good dog but i have never once seen him in any peds. Could this be cause he was not reg. and nobody wanted to breed to him ( JUST SOMETHING 2 THINK ABOUT ) Well i am gald to hear that it aint all about papers these day i have 3 that are not reg. But i know their peds.

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

As long as you have a reliable breeder that can give you a hand written pedigree and is trustworthy, why pay someone to tell you how your dog is bred and to give you a pretty certificate that says you own it. Some of our dogs are papered, some are not, but those that are not, we still know how are bred. As far as registries go, I'd rather register with the BFKC than the ADBA, better service, better people.
    BB

10. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Yea 35 wasn't reg. that's part of the reason and the other part is because he wasn't bred alot. But still a helluva little dog.

11. gator

gator Big Dog

As long as I know how my dog is bred Im satisfied the papers are just something to store away.

12. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I definitely agree with you on that Gator.

YIS

Knock 'Em Out

13. 3BK

3BK Pup

Most of the dogs I bought have ADBA papers... But those that we bred are not regsitered. Why? first it's expensive coz where here in the Philippines! Second, we wait longger than you guys... Lastly... we keep records on our own and we also have a Local ORG that registers Pitbulls only.

14. Gamest

Gamest Pup

I agree with ya there here was a hell of a dog

15. Wel There Have Been Some Dogs Out There Who Mad Ch And Were Not Reg But There Offspring Were And So Forth. I Beleive Ch Brujo Was One Of Those Such Dogs