1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

redboy

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by chloesredboy, Mar 24, 2007.

1. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

from your silly post, sounds like you dont know much really

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Frog, do you mean Summer's Frog from Pit Stop Kennels of Ohio?
    J. had some Red Devil blood from Lymen K. and he crossed it.
    The person who runs the Tudor board also had a Gr. Ch. from that line of which L.K. and I put together back in the late 70's and early 80's off Ch. Iron Bear and his half sister off Ch. Iron Spike R.O.M.. It is from these dogs PSK of Ohio dogs came from. Frog was from the Red Boy bloodline and the Red Boy blood they used was as good as any out. I saw much of it and thought VERY HIGHLY OF IT, but what do I know? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  3. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

whatever you say bud ;)

4. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

Yup..AGREE! I'll try and find some of them old pics..my buddy noted the breeding on the back of the pics..Boss Hog is in one of those pics in the background, my buddy holding Joker just before his hunt..

5. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

lol nice to see some sense of humor around here :) I dont agree with your insight on this one though. I'll back my take a bit later when I have more time

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

french, you've gotta start somewhere.
    Anyhow, I've yet to see a great, or even good jeep/RB cross. Im not going to sit here and lie and say Ive seen a bunch because I havent. But what I did see didnt impress me at all. I have heard good things about RB/Jocko stuff though.

7. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

BASS' TRAMP RED BOY
    Red Boy was the result of a father/daughter breeding of Teal's Jeff and Mc Leod's Susie Q Gal. Teal's Jeff was off of Teal's Sarge bred to Teal's Lou. Teal's Sarge was a pure Colby dog out of Colby's Dime bred to Colby's Margie. This combination of Red Boy/Cleo had produced top quality proven brood females, who in turn were bred back to Red Boy or other inbred Red Boy studs to strengthen and improve the line. The gameness of this line is legendary, and is what has made the Red Boy strain so highly desirable. These are fast starting fiery dogs with tremendous wind. Some would say that the only draw back to the Red Boy line is the lack of mouth, this is not the case with all Red Boy dogs, but has pretty well been accepted as the truth by most. It really comes down to a list of priorities, gameness versus mouth.

His classic match against Cables Fang exemplifies that:
    1st match: - Mr. Bass vs. William Cable - males @ 52 lbs. J. Adams - referee. J.C. Vincent is handling a red-red nosed dog that he been conditioned for this match by Howard T. He's called Red Boy. William Cable conditioned and handled his two-time winner Fang, a red dog black mask. Fang in Red Boy's chest and has a good hold and stays there. Red Boy trying to get him out with ear holds. At 9 minutes a turn is called on Fang, but he's in hold with Red Boy's leg in his mouth. Handled at 17 minutes Fang scratches good. Red Boy scratches at 21 minutes and comes to the top fighting the head. Fang evens things up fighting the back end at 28 minutes. Red Boy on the nose. 30 minutes Fang scratches. The dogs are handled again at 33 minutes and the referee makes an error and Fang scratches again. Three more scratches by Red Boy and two by Fang and at 1 hour 2 minutes Fang is to scratch. He wanders off to a neutral corner and is counted out. Bass' Tramp Red Boy wins.

The Red Boy dogs gained their fame in the Carolina's, but their main introduction into the fast lane came with the cross of Ch. Jocko. Jocko, a Carolina dog himself, was a pit intelligent dog with good biting ability, something the Red Boy dogs did not have. Red Boy dogs were extremely game soft mouth dogs, with the exception of Chavis Ch Yellow John. Yellow John was the first of the Red Boy breeding to earn the title of champion. He was a 43lb. buckskin dog that won three in th South in 1980-1981. Yellow John went on to produce some of the most honest bulldogs of modern times Tant's Gr.Ch. Yellow. STP's Gr. Ch. John Boy, STP's Ch. Sassy, Super Gnat's' Boots (who holds the record for the longest recorded match in history, going 4:52 for the win), Melvin's 5X winner JR. and others.

The Red Boy/Jocko cross continue to live on today and are exceptional fast lane dogs. Some of the most successful crosses with the Red Boy strain have been with: Red Boy/Jocko, Jeep/Red Boy, Jeep/Red Boy/Rascal, and more recently Red Boy/Patrick. These are all proven crosses that have taken the sporting game to a new level in performance. Some additional Red Boy dogs of note are Marlowe's Ch. Britches, Miller's Red Man a great producer in his day and the sire of Hoffman's Booger ROM, Marlowe's Rattler the sire of Ch. Britches, Marlowe's Mr. Bulldog the sire of both Peaches, Tabby Girl and Miret's Bud, who sired Ch. Gambler, and O. Stevens' Red Ape, who has produced Ch. Bear, Ch. Irish Rebel and many other winners.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

8. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

To bad you haven't seen more because I have seen plenty.
    Tom Cat's Gr. Ch. Tank, Ramrod's Ch. Tramp, Woodall's Crash just name a couple.

Personally I wouldn't give two cents for the over sized Red Boy/Jocko dogs.
    If it wasn't for the Red Boy in them they never would have produced anything.
    Name a quality dog off Ch. Jocko or Ch. Argus that was worth a crap without Red Boy in it?
    Jeep has produced many champions without Red Boy bloodline in it.
    Same as Red Boy has without Jeep in the bloodline.

9. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

BTW if you are going to copy and paste stories from authors who didn't have correct information you shouldn't post them.
    Ch. Yellow John was a light red/red nose dog and was a 4xw not a 3xw.
    And he was shot when he nipped Donny's kid.

10. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Everyone has their opinion Mike. I'm no where near being close to having the experience you do so I'll take your word for it. ;)

11. Buliwyf

Buliwyf Banned

Donny is no relation to the owner of Gr. Ch Weehunt, if that tells you anything. :)

12. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Wow it's great to read about all these dog's from ppl who've been there. Please keep it comen!:)

13. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

:confused:

14. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=277209

I got this little guy and he is at 7 month every thing i could ask for in a pup little one track minded if you know what i mean but 25.1 lbs full of fire he is one of the best little dogs ive had in a while once you get his attention im very pleased with him and i dont think i could have done better on a 3rd pick

15. drz

drz Big Dog

More info on Redboy not being bred as papered.

This is from an interview with Sonny Sykes

What was your relation to Maurice Carver, Leo Kinard and Howard Teal, for instance?

"Teal was a good dogman and I’m good friends with him. Teal is from North Carolina and he owned a restaurant over there. Teal had some of those old Colby dogs that originated the REDBOY line. I don’t know if his SARGE dog was a Colby dog. I believe somebody dropped the dog off at his place and that he put the papers on him. But SARGE would be REDBOY’S sire. SARGE was a good dog, but he lost his last fight. That part of the country where he came from always produced a lot of good dogmen. Leo and Maurice were both good friends of mine. Leo had a super nice place and I’ve been there many times. He would always give you a fair and square deal. I remember I was asking him some questions once like you are asking me now and bla, bla, bla… and he said, “Sonny, the more I’m around these son of a bitches, the less I know.” Just look around you and see well bred dogs that have won 2 or 3 fights, and then comes one of those scatter bred dogs and just kills them! On a scale of 10 I would say that breeding your dogs in a family and looking at the pedigrees will bring you a 4 or a 5, but them real good sons of bitches…. They are where you find them. Maurice was a good dogman. There is some controversy about him faking pedigrees and I’m sure he did to some extent, but I’m also sure that all those big time breeders do the same thing. When the bad overshadows the good I think you have a problem, but he sent me a lot of good dogs. Let me tell you what kind of man Maurice was. If he knew I had a good dog he would be on the phone asking me if he could breed to him. Carver told me he made a mistake by breeding to BULLYSON and that he wanted to breed to a dog called BOOTS the BLACKSMITH. Carver was with the border patrol and he had two 44 magnums. He gave one to Eddie Klaus and the other one to Hernandez. Hernandez gave me that 44 after Carver died. Earl Tudor was a very active dogfighter, but people that say he was just a fighter don’t know what they are talking about because he bred some real good dogs too. Joe had a friend who worked at the post office where Tudor got his mail. This was a black man, his name was Silvers, and this Silvers would open Tudor’s mail and tell Joe what was in the letters… it’s incredible but Joe got Earl’s mail before he did."

16. Big-Lz

Big-Lz Pup

i have redboy jocko jeep stuff and i cant fault mine in anyway u get good and bad but i have one exceptional one .. plus i dne an outcross to a nigerino bred bitch tht was a crocodile and the pups are 18 month old now and they are excellent prospects

17. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

Well, this is my first post on here, so here goes: My RED MAN dog was 3/4 RED BOY(through HUNTER RED & TABBY GIRL) and 1/4 JEEP blood(his mother was directly off of JEEP, bred like TAB). He had it all, and threw it too.

18. bbad

bbad Big Dog

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT ON THAT I HAD ONE DOWN OFF A BINGO x CHERRY BREEDING THAT WAS SHOW QUALITY & HE COULD CLOSE EM

19. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

BLACK JACK is thought to be off of BIG CASEY by some. Don't know how true it is, but most of GATOR's offspring are buckskin, so who knows.