1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

(((red cell)))

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by SHOWKNIGHTKNLS, Jul 24, 2010.

1. anyone hear use it? If so how long b4 show date do you stop it?

2. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

atleast a week id say. i dont use it so im really not sure.

3. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

i think it is a week also something about the b-12 making the dog run hot.

4. Waste of money if you feed a complete diet you dont need it

5. Boze

Boze Top Dog

there is no such thing as a complet diet if you feed kibble. i feed timberwolf organic and that food is top notch and has everthing in it but not ebough of everything. it has epa dha amino acids and plenty of vitamins and minerals but only in small dosages suppliments are very good just do not over do it

6. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i was told to only use bout twice a week on grown dogs

7. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

What do you use it for? I have heard of people using it but no one tells me why.

8. gunman

gunman Pup

on first hand experiance stop 7-10 day before show depending on you dog you should know your dog first hand to be able to tell if he is likly to run hot any way

9. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

It's a blood builder, Heavy in iron, vitimin k, and other good stuff! I feed it year round twice a week.

10. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

the next question you should have asked was if it's the redcell for horses or dogs? If i'm not mistaken, they vary in a few ingredients.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

same ingrediants but equine has much higher doses than canine. yes its a blood builder. i use it but haven't in a keep yet

12. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

I use The equine. You get more for your money!

13. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

he never said he feeds Kibble he said "Complete diet" . I agree with him.Feed properly. Rest youre dog corectly and you dont need no suplements.

14. Boze

Boze Top Dog

no offense but even if you are feeding raw you need to supplement. the food we eat is so over processede many of the nutrients are destroyed or lowered in value even humans should supplement with multi vitamins and other vitamin supplements. proper nutrition includes supplements

15. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

frm what i was told it works very well in a keep

16. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

No offence but you can feed the dog every last single nutriant the dog needs with natural suplaments sutch as fat,salmon oil, etc etc... Some folks believe in suplements some believe in steroiods etc... some dont. To each there own. However to say a dog can not get all the nutriants it needs naturaly is..well incorect.

17. catchw8

catchw8 Big Dog

i just bought some for my 7 week old can you give it once a day?

18. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Don't go supplement crazy guys, it isn't necessary and yes a raw diet (a complete, correct diet) will not need supplements at all. This isn't spliting atoms guys, it is a diet. Close as in horseshoes, best thing if you are worried about vitamins use a multi vitamin or maybe your know your hound has a particular deficiency and fix that then. The best thing you can instead of playing guessing games with your hounds. Make it science, use your vets to your advantage. Run a pre keep well before whatever you might be doing the keep for so you don't burn them out, then run a blood test at 15, 30, and 45 day intervals. If you do this then you are thinking instead of guessing and adjust your keep to this, speak with your vet about nutrition and adjust accordingly to your own research, blood work, or whatever. Do you truly think bulldogs are the only people who condition hounds? Greyhounds, Collies (herding dogs), sight hounds, pattys, sled dogs and more condition they way we do - no differently then have other performance animals like horses that can give insight and ideas to build off. BTW, I don't see how Red Cell would make a dog run hot, if it does, your dog just isn't conditioned correctly or the blood itself is shit.

Catchw8, I wouldn't give my pup that and with a general supplement like K9 puppy power powder or a supplement like that in general would be cool but just let them grow. Best thing you can do is feed that pup RAW instead of kibble, to give them that head start in life.

19. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

The vitamin K in red cell can cause your dog to run hot. If your a little dry Your dog WILL RUN HOT if using Red cell! It's a powerful blood builder that will cause the blood to thicken, back off 7-10 days out.
    I Use it for the chickens too, It clots blood quick like But to much in the keep your birds won't cut right! It has everything to do with the proper moisture levels with either dog or fowl and can be a little tricky at first to get right when using Red cell.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  20. catchw8

catchw8 Big Dog

Sooooo i shouldnt give it to my puppy?