1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Razors edge puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bigcity, May 30, 2008.

1. bigcity

bigcity Pup

Why does everyone keep pimping the pound when i have said I have done that in the past and it is not what I am chooseing to do this time around. I know what I want and I am going to go about it and learn all i can before buying the right puppie from a reputible breeder. I havent bouhgt a dog yet and will not untill I find what I am looking for from someone I trust

2. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

The reason why people keep pimping the pound is that the shelters are over run with unwanted dogs and puppies.....yes puppies and you have stated that you in fact want a puppy that is only going to be a house dog.

If you want an American Bully style dog by all means just come out and say that is what you want, dont pussyfoot around it just say it. It is going to be your dog and you'll be the one feeding it so who cares what we all think or say. The fact that you intend on doing nothing with the dog other than having it as a pet is going to continue to get the same answer over and over.

What is the advantage of paying for a puppy that you have admitted your going to do nothing with over a shelter puppy to which you would do the same thing with ? Now do you see why people keep going right back to the whole shelter thing ?

JMHO

3. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

He knows what he wants. He doesnt want a rescue dog. Why cant people accept that. Half the people screaming go to the pound have never rescued a dog themselves. talk about practise what you preach

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

And some of us do, I am not preaching anything that I do not practice my self.

5. bigcity

bigcity Pup

Thats exactly what Im saying. I have rescued many dogs from the pound and have placed countless cats, dogs, and even a rabbit. I chose not to now. I want a puppy, My first pit bull i got was a puppy and I want abother one now. I understand there is dogs there that will make great pets, but not for me.

As far as wanting an american bully this is not what I want. I only happened to like the blue color but gave up looking for a blue dog becasue I dont think im going to find a blue dog that is actually a full pit bull.

And I dont just want a house pet I plan on running with the dog and weight pull

6. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

AST from a reputable breeder? Ever think about that? It wont be as intense as a APBT, but it seems like the best choice for what you want which is a pet that will do good at jogging/weightpull, wont have the health issues a big blue dog has, but will still do good in the house.

7. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

He knows what he wants. He doesnt want a rescue dog. Why cant people accept that. Half the people screaming go to the pound have never rescued a dog themselves. talk about practise what you preach

If he knows what he wants why is he asking what we think? How do you know that the people that are sugesting a rescue havent ever rescued before? Have you called them or been on their yard? He is going to do what he wants anyway so why is he asking for our opinion?

8. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

the dogs that come from the pound come FIXED...... maybe thats why he doesn't want one from there..... allot Rescue dogs are really good dogs I've got 2

9. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

This is what you origanally wrote correct ?

You never mentioned anything about working the dog. If you asked about pull dogs you probably would have gotten better answers to what you are looking for.

10. bigcity

bigcity Pup

Yeah sorry about that. The most important thing is a house dog, but I will also run with the dog and maybe trying weight pull. I am just looking for other peoples opions on a reputable kennel. I appreciate your opininos colby.

11. bigcity

bigcity Pup

Instead of staring a new thread couled anyone recomend any books on general training and APBT breed information. Tryed doind a seach on this site for books but didnt come up with much. any help would be great

12. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

If you know what you want as you have stated then why are you wasting peoples time replying to your thread? Seems to me you need to do more homework and not bother others about what you should get we arent feeding it. Know what I mean? Many people have suggested different things which have all been good suggestions but you dont want to hear it so do what you will.

13. bigcity

bigcity Pup

I am not personally wasting anyones time, you choose to reply. If someone wants to help me out thats cool, if not thats cool to. The only sugestions i have gotton are get a AST Or recue a dog which I am not going to do. Obviously As you said I am not going to get fed the information I want which is a reputable breeder So I will not ask anymore.

14. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I am getting into weight pulling myself, we are almost old enough to start using weights. So far the information I have gathered is it relies more on you than the dog, although having a good dog doesn't hurt. What area are you from ? I know over these parts MFK Kennels have top notch pull dogs. Again though I have to give credit to the man cause every dog he touches does great on the rails.

15. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

REPUTABLE BREEDER OF WHAT? You arent even sure about the breed you want. All you say is a "PIT" do you know how loosely that term is thrown around? From what I gather you dont want a real APBT. WHAT DO YOU WANT???

16. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

He doesnt mess with peds online.

17. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Why aren't you going to do Amstaff? I mean it's your choice, I am not knocking you. But an American Bully is okay, but not an Amstaff? Just curious as to why.

Anyway, knowing that you are thinking of doing weight pull changes things a bit. If you want a weight pulling dog, then I know a few good breeders that have weight pull dogs. If you want their links, send me a PM.

18. bigcity

bigcity Pup

I am in the lehigh valley in Pennsylvania. I have heard that as well that it is all in the owner and the bond and training wether the dog will be a good puller

You know to be honest at first I was looking at color before supstance which I realized was not a good idea since All the blue dogs I looked at were american bullies. I never truely relized how big thoose dogs are untill I went to see them in person and boy was I surpised. They look way bigger in person and no my ideal dog. Im use to a male that maybe weighs 50-70 pds where theses dogs are pushing 100 and over, which is just not my cup of tea. As fas as the arm staff goes I just havent seen and kenels that produce armstaffs for pulling, they mostly breed for show.

I attached a picture of my ideal style of dog to give you guys an idea

Thanks for all your help guys

Attached Files:

19. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

Why wont you get an AST? You can tell people he's a pitbull and I'm sure they'll believe you.

***edit***
    ahh, nevermind. I just read your post

20. X2. Take a look at both of mine. Now granted you won't know the history and it take some work, but mine are pretty great! IMO RE and Gotti=low life scums. Or any other BYB for that matter. Do not come on a public forum and expect not to get the exact thing you asked of us. There are many rescue organizations where you can get what you are looking for. Shelters have puppies as well. If you do not plan to breed (which you shouldn't as I am sure you are not willing to do what it takes to be a responsible breeder) and do not plan on showing then adopt or rescue. What is your location? I can assists!

http://www.spindletoppitbullrefuge.org/

http://www.dapbt.org/apbt_rescue.htm

http://www.mabbr.org/

and

www.petfinder.com should get you started. Anything over $100 and I am being generous is far TOO much for one of those NON APBT's you listed!