1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw Meat Diet?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Titch_Pitbull, Dec 28, 2005.

1. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

I don't cook anything for them. Cooking destroys the nutrients that fresh raw meat contains. I don't feed canned food either since it is mainly water.

2. Esse818, cooking meat is not completely better than feeding raw. What I suggest is to cook only until the meat is no longer pink. This will kill all the bacteria (i.e. E. Coli) in the meat. To stay honest, I do not partially cook their meats just out of sheer lazyness. What I do is clean all the meat (chicken, beef, etc.) with vinegar used for salads (I believe). I scrub the meats and place them into clean bags (portioned) and then placed them in the freezer until ready to serve.

Regading can foods, I feel they are better than kibble. Why? Can food has less preservatives and less processing than kibble. Anyone worried about water should not be feeding raw. Why worry about water? Dogs that eat kibble drink a lot more water than dogs fed on can or raw diets.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2006
  3. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Because if you are paying for a can of food, you are paying for mostly water. Why do that? And it is still proccessed to hell & back, it does still have preservatives out the wazoo & it still crap IMO. It may not be as hard as kibble but that is only because of the added water, it is still processed close to the way kibble is, it still uses crap ingredients, it just looks a little more appetizing.

4. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

Thanks, but what can the bacteria do to the dogs?

5. Grim

Grim Pup

Dogs digestive systems can handle the bacteria, their stomach acids are much stronger than that of a humans. It is what they are designed to handle.

6. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

That and their intestins are MUCH shorter than ours so food digests & exits the body faster. Bacteria CAN make an old or sick dog sick(er) but a healthy dog should not be effected at all.

7. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

thats why dogs can eat dog poo and not get a high fever, or even sick but still its hard to believe they have a cleaner mouth.