1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw Food Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by Beatrix Kiddo, Oct 21, 2014.

1. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

What are you even talking about? You are talking about something that has nothing to do with the discussion...
    Sweetie whether or not the meal contains X amount of calcium is of no importance if the dog cannot absorb it! You keep going on about shit that's off topic and irrelevant to the discussion.
    Again, you know nothing on what I have gone to school for or not, and again, comments about things that are completely irrelevant to the topic. Do some research of veterinary studies, or maybe Google it.
    Why would they ask me when they have you to ask and your all knowing Google machine?

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

2. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

That and most inexpensive bone meal today is made in China and who knows what's actually in it

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

You still haven't figured out the dam conversation..... Nobody has said that the calcium isn't there. What is being said is that Bone Meal is processed and it doesn't absorb as fast as natural bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

You could get the most respected man in any field and what they say could be disputed or debated because if you haven't been hands on with the dogs it's all just a bunch of talk. It's easy to have a bunch of dumbass assumptions when you have no real life experience with the dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Medical 101/Physics 101/Science 101. Processed??? Sterilization does not mean processed, nor does it ruin the products absorbency. If they added something to preserve it possibly so. But, it's bone, nothing to preserve. All they do is heat treat it at a low degree to kill bacteria and viruses such as "Mad Cow Disease". Which dogs cannot get anyway. But this is human consumption. So bacteria and viruses die at low level heats. And they can only live outside the body for X amount of time. It's simply a safety precaution and FDA regulations. Hence why calcium is still there, bacterial are gone. Now, low level heat treating does not effect the absorbency rate. Your not adding a preservative or "case hardening" the mineral lol. There are no preservatives in bone meal. No additional additives period. Now, rule of thumb, powder absorbed quicker into the stomach versus a solid form substance. Why? It takes a lot longer to break down a solid substance. Example, pill versus BC powder. BC powder will act faster. Just like liquid form will act even faster than powder form. Less breaking down of the substance within the stomach is required. You have a large and small intestine aswell, break down process is also in these areas or a hard substance would lodge and back you up and you would become septic. Meaning sick from your own feces absorbing into the blood stream. A dog can digest bone in any form. Just some are quicker than others. Powder quicker than natural form. That goes for all things that breath air in anything they eat. That is why in a emergency I administer liquid versus a pill or powder versus a solid form. So, with nothing to hinder the absorbent rate in bone meal, and the fact it is a highly concentrated powder. Less is used, and it's quickly absorbed. I don't know why you cannot understand it is only low level heat treated and nothing added to hinder the absorb any rate and nothing treatment wise is done to kill off the nutrients. A lot smarter people than us both design this crap. It's very effective, very safe, very absorbent, and a viable source of calcium. There are no additives or preservatives. Just bone and hoof ground down, low level heat treated, packaged and shipped. None last for a very very long time without the need to be preserved especially contained and isolated from elements.

6. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

You talk as if dogs are different from any other mammal on earth. Like they are a rare species nobody can comprehend unless the own one. Unfortunately for your logic most of the world owns one. They operate on a lot of the same principles as we do and any other mammal. This just shows you are not very versed in your experience actually. Every animal eats different diets from the other, but, dogs have been digesting bone a lot longer than man. Therefor they have no problem absorbing it in any form.

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

For somebody that has so much faith in the alphabet organizations especially the FDA, whats all the recalls and deaths from "approved by them products" about? For the most part they're a bunch of corrupt greedy bastards like the majority of this country.

8. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

^ that's hilarious! I'll have to search for that one Treez haha.

back to food...

[​IMG]

chicken breast, duck feet, lamb tongues, spleen, liver, kefir, warm water

i hardly consider smoking being a druggie, but i've seen/done my fair share of crazy shit.

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Sorry BK, I don't take pics of food at 630 in the morning when I'm feeding. Sometimes when I get a fresh batch in I might but not usually. Not much else to add.

10. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

i use my instagram acct as a raw feeding blog basically, so i document a lot, figured it would be helpful to someone.

11. siccen

siccen Big Dog

Now that is a familiar scene! Looks a lot like my pup. Very nice.

12. treezpitz

Thank you, siccen.

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

This thread, like so many lately, has been full of consternation, needling, name calling, to even include a couple of stale ass old jo mama lines. It needs to go back to the showing of raw feeding because it's been driven many pages right for the dump. It's only about a half block away.

If you've been needled or harassed, I understand a brief firing back. But this has become infantile. The I know, and you're but a fucking idiot crap has to go. Turn it around if you want to talk about and show raw feed. That is all.

14. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

It cuts into thier money racket.

15. treezpitz

A few pages cleaned up. When I'm done eating dinner I'll clean up more.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

TY, amigo. It seems to be a good number of threads lately. Not just this one. JFC

17. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

This deer's brain explosion was directly caused by reading the off topic discussion in this thread.

[​IMG]

18. CHAMP

CHAMP Big Dog

That's really strange. I wonder why that is?

19. JayW

JayW Big Dog

I'm just south of Houston.... but the water keeps the cool off of us.

20. JayW

JayW Big Dog

I take a hatchet and chop up the backbones and ribs real fine and put it in plastic bags. Pups do great with it..... I mix a little salmon oil/fresh blood and bone meal I get when the guys at the butcher shop clean the saws and they love it.