1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw feed

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by dadecounty, Nov 21, 2009.

1. dadecounty

dadecounty Big Dog

Can someone explain what are the benefits of raw over a cooked pice of beef of chicken.What about the danger's of a bad pice of meat or chicken?Cant this be harmful to the dog?

2. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

Dogs will pretty much eat anything. I prefer to feed raw. Either liver or "hamburger meat".

I'm not sure about the benefits of feeding raw/cooked but I can tell you that raw is how they would survive in the wild and thats how their great ancestor the Wolf eats his meat.

3. Corley

Corley Big Dog

WHEN USING FRESH MEATS YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BOIL THE MEAT UNTIL A ROLLING BOIL TO KILL THE E-COLI.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

No.
    Some raw you should freeze
    No boiling

5. lunadogge

lunadogge Pup

6. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Dogs digestive systems can withstand the e-coli, unlike humans.....

7. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Only if you plan on eating the meat yourself. And if you really have no choice but to boil, may I suggest adding a large onion, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, a few bay leaves and a little cayenne. Fortunately for dogs, they have a different/shorter/millions of years on raw meat digestive system built just for handling little pathogens like those. Give them their fresh meats raw.

8. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i feed straight raw. as far as e. coli, salmonella...a dog can eat the ass out of a dead skunk with no issues. i do not boil or freeze for for prevention, i do freeze because i buy in bulk at times....i thaw and feed....lots of times i feed straight from the bitcher shop....never had an issue...s

9. MeAki

MeAki Pup

mine likes it so much he wouldn't even look at his dry food now :))) i guess raw beef and chicken is a little bit more tasty then nutro :)) I give him raw staight from publix (hes still a puppy)...:D if u cook it a lot of the ( i dont write very well) proteins and bla bla they go away...give it to him raw they will like it, just make sure its fresh!Good luck!:D