1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Rash Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by p1tbull, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Animals and humans carry mange mites. ive dealt with mange since i was a child and my old man had GSDs.
    T-cell demodex is genetic.

2. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

i didnt want to go to the vet and waste money on something that wont help. Happened b4 so I'm trying to go around that first. My bills are really tight but I'm sure if needed I will go to the vet.

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Demodectic mange typically presents at first in the head area.

If it's just a couple of small spots, it will often clear on it's own. This looks a bit more involved and you should see a vet.

Often it can be controlled; it CAN also be so serious the dog has to be put down.

Dreamer

4. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

It looks like ring worm and mange to me. I say go to the vet, granted your bills are tough to pay, but if some how your dog gets really sick and dies, then you will feel bad. If it were me, ( and some of us have been in your shoes) i would pay the least important bill late so i could at least hear what the vet has to say.

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

the last line of your post purepits.....certainly been there and had to do it....weakest link so to speak...

6. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

will i just order some Mitaban from pet meds and some anitfunga stuff. hope it works so i dont need to go see those Vets.:o

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Looks like mange, vet call now will cut the cost a lot.!!!;)

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

get some babyoil and camphophenic and apply daily

it always works for me with out a problem

9. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Demodex mange is genetic... Go to the vet, get a skin scrapping. Then if the vet confirms that its demodex mange. Then ask for the dosage. THEN go to your local tractor supply and get ivomec 1% and give to your dog yourself. The ivomec that they sell at the vet is the same that they have at the tractor supply store. Unless you want to pay $120 for a 35$ container. Then be my guess.

I recommend the ivomec treatment btw. The vet will probably say that its not approved by the fda and will want to give your dog toxic baths, i mean mitaban baths. But the active ingredient in that causes cancer and EACH bath is around 160 Dollars. And you prob will need to do about 5-6 of them.

And make if it is demodex mange, get a good quality food.

EDIT:

You serious??? Did you even go the vet to confirm its mange? Dude. The hair lost can be a lot of things. Dont just guess and order diff treatments thinking its mange. This is something that you want to go the vet for.... To get a skin scrapping and thats it.

Btw, mitabans active ingredient is known to cause cancer. And its very toxic, so be careful when your handling it. I hope you know how to perform the mitaban baths properly... And as I said before, the hairlost can be from a lot of things.. Not just mange.. And diff types of manges have different dosages for the treatments...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009