1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

R.I.P Sampson

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by AGame, Mar 10, 2010.

1. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well i went to feed the pups this morning and noticed sampson wasnt very perky usually he greets me with a big whine and some barks while biting the chain and jumping like crazy so i go check him out make sure he hasnt gotten bitten by anything he looks fine but i had noticed he threw up all of his food from the night before he was very lethargic and seemed cold so i took him to the vet and apparently he had an intestinal blockage that had perferated and paranitis had set in the vet told me we could do surgery but he didnt think he could save him so i just went ahead and had him put down anyway sad day here he was a damn good dog imma miss him dearly

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

sorry to hear that man, atleast you know you did the right thing and let him check out peacefully!

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Sorry about your loss! Sounds like he was Loved tho!

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

hard choice. RIP

5. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

so sorry...

6. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Awwwwww........ :( I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

7. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Sorry for your loss...RIP Sampson

Intestinal blockage is one thing I worry about this breed, they chew and get into everything.

8. Sorry for your loss RIP SAMPSON

9. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Rip sampson.

10. phill

phill Top Dog

sorry bud i had that prolbem earlier this lear with a pup getting into ceader chips it sucks

11. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

Sorry for your loss.

12. Jelet

Jelet Banned

RIP Sampson.

13. dr.green

dr.green Pup

sorry to hear about your loss RIP SAMPSON

14. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to make that choice but you have to do whats right for the dog.

15. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

sorry for your loss man.

16. You let him go with some dignity man, thanks for making the right choice for him - even if it was a hard one.

17. I had two dogs die last year of odd circumstances and your case sounds alot like mine.

My females abdomen started swelling up and couldn't breath well.The emergency vets around here never seem to be available when you have a emergency so I drained her abdomen myself to buy some time till next day but she didn't make it.All her symptoms came on within 1 1/2-2 days.She always chewed on the wood I made her kennel out of so after reading this post I think maybe she got some wood jammed up in her and ruptured her guts.
    She defecated twice after I brought her in to try to save her and it was black and runny and that to my knowledge means blood coming from somewhere inside.Only other thing I can think possible that can do the damage she had was maybe bloat but from what I hear,it's very uncommon in small dogs and she was about as small as they come (27lbs)*Yes,a 27lb pit bull.*

My male was in excellent shape.My buddy filled his auto feeder and water trough while I was at work and said he looked fine just maybe a lil dehydrated cause his water kept freezing up but was still very active and playful.Went to check on him two days later cause I didn't hear him barking when I pulled in the driveway and he was dead in his dog house nothing but skin and bones.His belly looked full but rest of him was wasted away.A few months before I had him in the basement cause it was getting down to below 0.He got a hold of a old keyboard down there and tore it all up.I saw a piece or two of plastic in his droppings for a few days but everything cleared up and he seemed fine.
    Roughly 3 months passed before his death.After reading this post and the other post along the same line,I'm starting to think it all didn't get worked out and blocked him up preventing anything from going past his stomach.

Since they passed I completely changed my set ups,now it's chain linked kennel for my escape artist and my old girl is on a cable runner.

It's heartbreaking just thinking that something so benign could cause so much damage.

Sorry for your loss...
    R.I.P Sampson

18. marcecauy

marcecauy Pup

is very sad to lose a part of your familly,I almost lost Ozzy my bull terrier when he ate a 7 feet strig of carpet ,he was so sick ,he vomit everithing for days couldn't even drink water ,we took him to the vet they did x ray blood test and nothing was showing ,then I was ready to open him out to find out if he had something inside that he could of ate and did not show and then he poop a very long string with a ball of carpet in the end .
    RIP SAMPSON

19. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Oh man that sucks im sorry to hear, RIP Sampson.

20. HazelRose

HazelRose Pup

Sorry for your loss...:(