1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

R.I.P Jager

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Kristin, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

R.I.P Jager 10/18/10-1/28/11
    Play Hard, And Feel No Pain.♥[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. popper

popper CH Dog

what happened? Sorry to hear that. RIP

3. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

His heart murmur turned out to be congenital heart failure. Tuesday I found that out and the vet thought he would live for 5 months, but tonight Jager stopped breathing. :(

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

R.i.p jager.

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Sorry to hear about your loss. Damn puppy mills.

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Sorry for your loss. RIP Jager.

7. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss... To young.... :( Run free baby!

8. KingFisher.

KingFisher. Big Dog

Wrong site!

9. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

sorry to hear the bad news,r.i.p.JAG

10. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Thank you everyone. :( I miss him so much.

I pulled out his papers and typed the address it has for his breeder and a anti-puppy mill site came up and it had a video of the guy talking to an undercover guy and it was horrible. The cages were gross, and the undercover guy asked the owner about taking them to vets, and he said "the less we take them the more money for me, on the Rotts we cut their tails and dew claws off ourselves." Jager had only dew claw removed, but the idiot forgot to do the other one. My poor boy came from total hell, but lived out the rest of his life in a wonderful home.

11. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Sorry for your loss. RIP little pup:(

12. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Excuse me?

Wrong site for what?

13. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

And you did give him a loving home.

See that is my problem with pet stores. They keep those types of breeder in business. Now there can be great people that work there. But The owners/corporate buy those dogs cheap from horrible places and turn around an sell them for outrageous prices.

14. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

It really is a problem. I personally think pet stores and shelters should team up and it would eliminate puppy mills, and help save puppies from being put down and make room in shelters for other dogs, but both won't work together. The broker he came from, Select Puppies, was just horrible. We used them for the first and last time when Jager came in. The other two we use at least while they are shipping the dogs they are being cared for. They have 18 wheelers turned into nice kennels and they have everything on board to take care of them. This select puppies showed up in a dirty little van with puppies in rabbit cages. I saw a dead puppy in one of the cages, Jager was so scared when he came in but he warmed right up to me and from that day I knew he was meant to be with me.

15. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

So so sorry

16. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

He sure is adorable. I love Rottie pups.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you took him knowing about his heart. And gave him a loving home while he was here.

17. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Thank you. I couldn't of asked for a better puppy. He was perfect.

18. Sorry to hear this. He looked like a cute lil pup. Please don't take this as me lecturing you or being mean because I mean this in the kindest way I can say it, but please come away from this with a lesson about why you should go to a good breeder and never a pet store if you want to buy. What you dealt with is not an uncommon story in pet store animals.

19. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Thank you, he was simply stunning and had an amazing personality. But It wasn't like that. I didn't buy him. I work at a pet store and we got a shipment of pups from a really bad place since management made us try them out. That was the first and last order from "Select Puppies". Jager had a heart murmur the 3 times our vet checked him at the store so it was either send him back to the broker who would either send him to another store in another state that can legally sell dogs with heart murmurs or he would of went back to the breeder who I'm sure would of just killed him without a second thought. I made the store place him with me so I could give him a good life. I made the right choice, he deserved it.