1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question to all dogmen

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Gmaculous, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

What makes the difference between a beginners keep and a advanced keep? What
    I'm referring to is I have read on here people saying dogman 2000 is good basically for beginners. So in this instance what's a good keep for someone who is not a beginner? I mean aren't keeps a basic guideline to follow while you make adjustments to fit the individual needs of your dogs?

2. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Advanced keep is the one you create from your experience not someone elses...

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the man behind the dog. now what end do you put the collar on:thinking:

4. dogman2007

dogman2007 Big Dog

Keep it simple and there's a less chance of you going wrong (KISS) ,also an experienced dog man will have a better eye for the dog than the beginner.there's no wrong or right keep,what might work for me and my dogs might not for you and your dogs.also the keep is based around the dog and not the other way around.

5. who

who Top Dog

Yep! A seasoned dogman. As in seeing 25-50 dogs in peak condition. a person will develope a eye and change what he' doing as the dogs body reacts. Every dog is different and every time a dog goes into a keep it'll be different everytime. Even times of the year will be different. There's no one way of doing it. But take it from the experts from the past. PEAKS AND CYCLES!! That's really the best advice. Learn more its fun too. Peaks and cycles as in a professional body builder does "pyrimad" style workouts. Recovery time stuff like that.

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I can count on my hands how many dogs I seen that were at true peak, I'm talking about that 95-100%... Takes a good man and good knowledge and sight to get to that point...