1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question for APBT owners and enthusiasts...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Sabrina, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

What is it about the APBT that makes this your breed of choice?

Obviously I have my own reasons, but I would like to know what your are.
    What is it that the APBT has to offer that no other breed does?
    What makes them your breed of choice?

If the APBT were to never exist, what do you think your breed of choice would be?

Just curious. [​IMG]

2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

First thing was the look, i had seen a ton of byb "pitbulls" but the first time i set eyes on a gamebred dog it was pretty much over for any other breed.
    Kinda shit my pants the first time i set foot in a yard with a few dogs and they were all going crazy hitting the end of the chains and making noise i didnt want to go near them when i asked if they were safe the fella burst out in laughter, pretty sure a tear came out .
    Just the temperement and the athletic ability i was sure that if there was an animal that looks like it could do anything it wants it was the apbt.

The I dont give a shit attitude they have like they pretty much own anything.

The pure drive, and how sometimes it just switches on.

What isnt there to like if you come in with an unbiased opinion.
    Funny thing was when i got my second and it had been more than ten years since my first one died, and i kind of sprung it on my girlfriend at the time "umm babe ive got a dog" she spat it because she knew what it was and where i got it from as i had been talking about them for awhile, she wasnt happy, her parents told her we could never have kids and for her to not put her face near it.
    As soon as she saw her my girlfriend went to water and there was no way that dog was going anywhere.
    Same dog protected her twice when walking from other loose dogs, she had a brreakstick and knew how to use it but when the moment happend she just couldnt get it right so it was a little longer than it shouldve been. Both loose dogs high tailed it as soon as they got loose and the owners were very sorry yet suprised at that little thirty pound dog making their big mutt runaway.
    Even her parents began to like it but they were still weary.

Like i said what isnt there to like?

3. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Thanks for the reply, junkyard. That was a great response.

They are definitely good for that, with Bransen by my side I am no longer scared of encountering a huge stray/loose dog in the night!

However, I've not yet had the privilege to step onto a yard full of dogs as you described. I hope some day I do.

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

HAHAHAHA ok that pretty much sums it all up right there,but as to the question as to if no apbt what other dog i would have to go with any other working terrier type maybe a jagd or a paterdale

5. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

my first apbt came from a friend, beside looks ,i just loved the energy and character of the dog

i wish one day i will be able to make a 4.5 kg pitbull terrier, with decent legs like parson terrier. and keep it to my self and never give out.

6. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

There simply is not subsitute for the APBT.

They excell in all areas, there will and heart wins me over.

Period.

7. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I love that they are extremely visitable, he can catch a hog then sleep with you at night. Also that they have an on/off switch. Their need to grab and hold, it appeals to me that they will hang on a spring pole.
    If APBTs never existed I am not sure what I would have owned, probably Catahoulas.

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Great answers everyone! :)

I am not sure either of what breed I would own if the APBT didn't exist.
    Maybe a Siam Bull?
    They're pretty cute. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rob32

rob32 Pup

when i was 5 years old i got chased down the street by this big, off leash, great dane. i had never seen a dog so big before in my life and i was scared witless so i ran home as fast as i could. when i got home i told my dad what happened and he handed me, a 5 year old kid, the leash to our APBT dog (she was well trained) and told me to walk by that house again but this time, take our dog. in retrospect it was probably a bad idea on his part but it worked. i walked by that great dane, who was still off leash, and he wanted NO part of my dog. he walked up to us, no closer than 15 feet away, then ran back to his yard. from that day on i took our dog with me everywhere i went and felt totally safe as long as she was with me.

now, i have my own family and i feel better knowing that i have an APBT dog here with them for protection. i wouldnt trade them for anything.
    in some screwed up world where the APBT did not exist, i would probably own a mastiff or tosa. both very good dogs.

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

That's a great story Rob!

We actually have a similar dog down the street, a GD-AmBulldog mix, and he pulled the same stunt.
    Once.
    Now he just barks, from the safety of his yard.:D

11. rob32

rob32 Pup

thanks. it was irresponsible of my dad to do what he did back then but, knowing him, he was probably shadowing me and i didnt know it. either way, i loved that dog.

12. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

I had a dog that never use to bite any strange dogs even if they were mean he would allmost know they were no match, and he would just hit them flat out with his nose or head, he would have no issues trying to fight the other dogs in the yard but with strange dogs he would just head butt them. Real dopey happy dog to it was piss funny the first time i saw it, i thought there was something wrong with his mouth.

13. ngomalungundu

ngomalungundu Big Dog

There are other breeds?

14. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Thanks funny JY as Stage is exactly the same, if he knows a dog is no challange he will be sweet with. he loves bitches that are bigger than him.

15. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

me too!!!!!

16. supertank

supertank Big Dog

My dog love snappy bitches especially when they are bearing their teeth likes to be bitten too I'm so:confused:

17. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Those who know can't explain, those who don't can't understand!

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

other breeds not an option. had em since i was 9. had a chow once but i got rid of him bc he used to get chewed up in the backyard. these dogs are the complete package, the ultimate dog. athletic, companions, fearless, loyal. no groomin or health issues...

19. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

LOL @ YB!

Hahahaha its like they get turned on by grumpy bitches.

20. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

You guys are really helping me understand why I likethis breed so much