1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question about gamedogs and DA

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rollsroyce, Apr 14, 2023.

1. I am new to gamedogs and have a question. I have read that most gamedogs breed for “ gaminess” have Dog Aggression (DA)..
    I can see this (DA) is obviously great for racing but for say hog hunting how does a pack of gamedogs keep from fighting amongst each other long enough to catch hogs. Thanks for any info I am green as green can be I admit.

2. Wildrose

Wildrose Pup

They don’t. Get a catch dog for hoggin.

Dusty Road likes this.
  3. Ahh gamedog and catchdog are not the same. Thank you for answering my question. I appreciate it

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

They can be when they are younger but some grow to be to aggressive which is not ideal. It's very possible to see a mature damedog used as a catch dog

Pollo likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Gamedog I meant. It just depends on the dog and its one of those things it's no use trying to hard to fit a square into a round hole

AGK likes this.