1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

quality of a dogs life

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by csotelo9388, Aug 31, 2010.

1. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

a coworker was telling me today,that a cuzn of his down in mexico owns a bulldog that is missn an eye,a paw, bout 1/4 of his upper jaw,most of his teeth,n both his ball (which were not removed by a vet).he will not put him down becuz he say he n the dog have been threw alot together.isnt that more of a reason to put down your dog?!?!this dog cant run,jump n wimpers when he walks.that to me is just skanless

2. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Re: qaulity of a dogs life

I would think that anyone with common sense would put the dog down.

3. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

yea thats just wrong:mad::mad::mad:

4. popper

popper CH Dog

if a dog lived life and seemed to enjoy it i would keep em around , but like you said he wimpers when he walks .... tells ya sopmething.... seems to much for any living thing to have live with

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

the biggest favor we can do is to make sure we do the right thing when the time comes. no matter how difficult it may be, and one cannot be selfish

6. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

u nailed it rite on the head.we cant b selfish

7. popper

popper CH Dog

of course , and one can def tell when the dog has had enough , unless selfish

8. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I had to make this decision 2 years ago with my first dog.....he was 10 when he started to deteriorate. Within the last 2 months of his life we did everything we could to try and see if there will be a light after each try of certain medications. Then he refused to eat and there we were at the vet again. They told me at that point we couldn't do much but try to see if he will come around and decide to eat. My vet told me to try different foods even raw and he still refused. My dog started to hide away in these bushes I have in my backyard and I thought that was really strange of him to be doing. He did that for another week and he only took a couple of bites of food during this whole time so time to head over to the vet.

Deep down inside I knew as much as my first dog meant so much to me I was dealing with a situation that I may find it to be very painful. I knew he was becoming lifeless day after day...he was turning so thin and didn't want to come out of the bushes on a daily basis. Well when I took him to the vet again my vet had me realized that my decision to put him down and to sign that paper was going to show my best friend that I didn't want him to suffer any longer, which you as the owner will know when it is their time, you just will. My vet also told me dogs will do that (the hiding in the bushes or straying away from home) when they know they are dying.....I took about an hour with him in the room and then they put him sound to sleep....see the vet told me he could go into seizures if I chose to let him continue to live and I just knew that enough was enough suffering for him....I will never forget that day and the pain but never was I going to be selfish and have one of my dogs continue to live lifelessly when they indeed let me know when it's their time and they will. So if you know it is their time and continue to let them suffer like rally said it's all in a selfish response from you.

9. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

couldn't agree with you guys more, sad as it may be but when its time to go its time to go

10. PITS+PATTS

PITS+PATTS Big Dog

My god,its hard to put a dog down when there's no visable or vocal sounds to let you know he's in pain(cancer) but if the dog whimpers when he walks,im sure he's in pain?Do The Right Thing

11. popper

popper CH Dog

If you know your dog well , you can tell by the way it acts and the look in its eyes.