1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Quality food for cheap

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Sabrina, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Hey man my friends looking to switch to a better food but can't afford TOTW or anything like that. (I know, I know)

Any suggestions for a food that's not too pricey but a good quality?

2. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

Diamond food. or kirkland

3. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Kirkland: Nature's Domain Salmon formula. $24.99 for a 30 lb bag.

Not too different from TOTW's Pacific Stream but it's pretty heavy in potatoes for carbs. I'm currently feed my dog Nature's Domain but I am switching to TOTW after the holidays when I can actually afford it :)

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

has to be diamond. some of my dogs stomachs couldnt take it but overall they liked it. imma totw guy tho myself

5. Yas

Yas Big Dog

You should look for something made locally as Canadian is better quality for the money than American.

6. Diamond premium edge was cool also that stuff from pet food express was worth its
    quality vs. price.
    But I did some reading and now its Canidae

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Thanks all.

haha I am realizing now I know a lot of you from PBC. (brindlexpitt, bringbackup)

8. kirkland is made by Diamond for costco but with out the corn
    i stay away from the corn based stuff

9. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Exceed at Sams Club or Max Nutrition is same but in different bag, that or Diamond Naturals/Kirkland Chicken Rice

10. gar

gar Banned

Hey JIMMY , IF YOUVE DONE SOME READING , WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU STILL FEEDING A DRY KIBBLE INSTEAD OF A RAW /BARF DIET , PLEASE GUYS THE COST CAN BE EVEN CHEAPER THAN A SO CALLED GOOD QUALITY KIBBLE , AND YOUR DOGS WONT GET ALL THE HEALTH PROBLEMS YEARS DOWN THE LINE LIKE CANCER WHICH IS LIKE 20X MORE LIKELY THAN A RAW FED DOG , HERES A LINK TO ONE OF THE MANY ARTICLES ON THE INTERNET ABOUT FEEDING RAW , PLEASE GUYS DO YOU DOGS THE BIGGEST FAVOUR YOU CAN FEED RAW.

http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html

11. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Slow down on the capital letters, man.
    I can't stand reading stuff in all capitals.

That said, yeah raw is great.

12. bauer

bauer Top Dog

I find feeding raw is a lot cheaper than feeding kibble, i have 4 dogs..

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Raw diets are wonderful.

14. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Diamond no question for me

15. Buddy Red

Buddy Red Pup

Raw all the way, its cheaper and better for your dogs

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

been feeding diamond products for maybe 20 years and im happy with the results.

17. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

sportman's pride or hunter's special, both r 26/18 for the price u can't beet it:D

18. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Never heard of either of those kera, I'll have to check them out.
    I think my friends going to go with kirkland, but I'm not positive.

19. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Did you lose any dogs when Diamond put that bad food out?

20. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Would anybody mind outlining their raw diet technique for me? I am very interested, especially since ya'l; say it actually costs less. Maybe tell me what ya'lls feed consists of, or if you feel like it outline a whole week for me. Hell, just tell me what types of meat and stuff ya'll give em and I'd be happy. Also about how much do you spend a week/month?

My dog is 55 lbs CW during the winter and closer to 48-50 lbs CW during the summer

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010