1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Price of puppys

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by burs, Mar 28, 2004.

?

Are Puppy Prices Outrageous These Days?

1. Definately

75 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Not Really

43 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I really have yet to see a "game dog" breeder that had puppies priced for over 1000 but almost ever bully pup I have seen is up there (still trying to figure that out)
    One that I saw was 3400$ that is more then the worth of my car!

2. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

It depends on who's, where and what blood your getting. Yes some are very high but breeding isn't easy also. I wouldn't pay a cent for unproven dogs though.

3. Some down to earth dogmen will work with you but yea its getting pretty bad.I saw some pups for sale for 1500 bucks let alone shipping, of of a dog thats not proven but is a well know producer...if i pay 1500 on a pup it better be able to read and write...lol:D

4. Ohh yea i forgot the site i wonder on to with a lady breeder wanting 20,000 for a bluff...And Im not kidding:confused:

5. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I wouldn't pay more then $500 for a pup. I don't care if both parents are Dbl. Gr. Ch.'s.

If you guys are having that much trouble finding a well bred pup for a good price pm me and give me a $100 finders fee, lol. I just picked up a pup for $400 and both parents are serious hunting dogs;) I never have trouble finding one for a fair price.

6. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

wow your fast at making money:eek::eek::eek:

7. Honestly, about 10 yrs ago you could get a good game dog for 250 tops and that was high. now days people be talkin bout 500 and 700 and 1500, I'm like "NEXT!" regardless of ped. you can make your pup. but I agree wit the other guy buyin them after 6 or 8 months

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I have never paid more than 400 for a pup, and probally never would unless it was something I really had to have.

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i can always find people with decent prices on good pups... now if you want an adult that is a whole different story lol
    but just like everything in life, its there if you know where to look :D

10. My frist dog was off pik thug coast me 1700 and was cold once ran from a 6 mouth old pup...

11. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Nope, I just bought a really nice pup for $250. I guess it all depends on what the breeder is in it for.

12. bestia

bestia Big Dog

The prices aren't that expensive if you consider other popular breeds like English Bulldogs, bullys, Ab's, rott etc. If you have a top comp Ch and GRCH breedings, you are also paying for the hard work, risk and sacrifices that are made to get there, no garantees, only that they will bark, eat and shit.

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Stop being a cheap ass if you wantvthe best seats in a concert you not gone pay nose bleed prices.. If you want a 5 star dinner you not gone pay burger king money.. The price is what you will pay.. What is working man price? I work make over 80k and 500 is less than my daughter allowance.. Get better jobs or stop girlin all the time.. If you can't afford window shop like you do with other facets in life.. If you gotta spend to get your foundation you will do better on average then the cheap mofo next to you. If you buy a good bitch breed her to best producing stud then buying pups won't be your issue. If you a good dogman pups won't be issue.. It's a reason why some dudes Re constantly seen pumping out Chs and while others can't get get one pass school..

14. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Why Gamedog owners so cheap every other breed pups are going for 2k and up at the least.. So why the greatest breed got the cheapest people??

15. QUICKFIRE

QUICKFIRE Pup

Thats been my experience with performance dogs. I paid $200 for my first newspaper dog she won some stuff but lacked gameness to go for the win, I paid $300 for my first male pup out of champion racers, then when I went to get the best brood bitch off of National champion parents I paid $850 for my half borother/half sister breeding. She has been breed twice I picked a pup out of each litter to run on and they went 1st and 2nd in the nation. Some have paid more and some have paid less for mediocure dogs. I sat back and watched and went to the best and have had allot of fun winning all over the country, and have made my money back and then some off the other pups.
    My first Gamebred Pitbull was given to me as a gift from a friend and he might be the best dog I have ever had. So in my experience is you can get a great dog for nothing sometimes but if you want to increase your odds like others have said you are better off paying the price for proven stock and then you still might get a dud.

16. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Poor people always had the APBT.
    It cost bank to maintain your own line of dogs.
    One trip to the vet could be $600. :confused:
    A pup for $1,000 or so is not that much.
    Rent in NY, or FL is $2,500 a month.
    CA is not far behind.
    Its so un PC to own a Bull Dog, let alone breed a Bull Dog, they are worth every penny. :D You are basically putting yourself on a cross breeding these dogs now a days.

17. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

Prices are whatever you are willing to pay 1500 should be around the max. People say oh this is too much or that is too much, well don't pay it. I give different people different prices when they ask. I've sold a pup for 200(in camp of course). I wouldn't charge more than 600-800 for my pups though. Thing is I don't sell to just any individual. Unless I see something I like about a person then I'll give you a bogus tag like say $1800. Yeah that'll keep you away hahahahaha. But I don't knock anyone for the prices on their animals. You're the idiot if you spend 1500 on a pup off untouched parents. I may pay 1500 for a pup in the future who knows. But it is what it is. Just pay what you're comfortable with. A real dogman will worry if his stock turns out though so a real guy will work with you if the animal doesn't turn out.

18. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Im not paying more then 500 for a pup.Id pay good on a stud fee then take a chance on getting one.

19. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I can't say they are over priced.
    Because itis up to the buyer if the pup is something you realy want who's to say how much itis worth to the person that is paying

I was told about a dog match from an oldguy that took place when he was young

He said the purse was large for the times something like $15gs a side anyhow he say this one dog shad his frontend blown out everybody counted himout
    But the scratch was completed on time with time to spare
    He said the winning man asked for the dogs owner to pickup and if he would take the loss he could keep his money and pay with the dog needless to say buddy didn't make the deal instead he left a good dog in the box to long a dead game bulldog.
    When the man was asked shy he didn't take the money
    He replied
    It was his favorite dog and he was proud to finaly see his dog was as game as they get A DOG THAT MONEY COULDN'T BUY

So how much would you pay for a pup off a dead game bulldog if available. 1g 2g

I would say it depends on how bad you want it and what you can afford

20. I was lucky enough to get a good 1 off a close family friend but in Australia if you don't have contacts you will easily pay $1800 to $2000 for a pup with unproven sire and dam and ive even heard of people paying $3000!