1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

possible hernia

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by outrightmike, Nov 21, 2009.

1. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

any one had this or know if[​IMG] this is a hernia?

2. simms

simms CH Dog

please provide a little more info. is this a pup or an adult female? How long has it been there or that you know of? Did you have this thing diagnosed by a DVM or a tech, some one with experience? If not this could easily be something else....

3. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

ive seen this befor but the guy was drunk

he said the dog was a hermi

but i thought that was a lil far fetched

4. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

If your female just ended a heat cycle, this could cause a little bloat. It doesnt look like a hernia, but it could just be the picture. Hernias usually look like a ball or an outty belly button. JMO

5. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

7 week old pup just noticed it today wasnt there2 days ago and it hasnt been to the vet yet, was told by someone that maybe its a hernia thats why im asking if it is or any ideals,its swelled all down her fallopian tube on one side feels like a small lump in it.

6. simms

simms CH Dog

Well I have studied that pic and unless I can physicaly examin the area. I can not say if it is a hernia. Can you push it back in, like you would an imbilical hernia? It is possible that she developed a tear in that area. I don't see any indication that she may be having a reaction to like a bug bite, foriegn body to cause that type of swelling. 7 weeks old not likely to have or present cancer in the mamery chain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Looks more like a blockage to me than a hernia, Take her in and get a few tests done and you will have your answer pretty quick.

Now another possibility is she may have tore a muscle or that and wasn't showing any signs and this is the swelling but I find it odd no bruising or that. I would take her into the vet and see what a couple tests reveal.

8. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

it pushes to the side when you push on it.

9. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I think you very well may have a blockage on your hands there.

10. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

thanks for the imput old timer! hope thats what it is cause id think a hernia would be like one lump this is like 2 inchs long wtth a small lump.that helps ease my mind till i get to a vet.