1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MPD, Oct 31, 2005.

1. MPD

MPD Big Dog

Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

Did anyone else see this last night? For those who didnt a older middle aged man was caught shooting a cat that wondered along his yard and when someone complained about it he threatened to shoot the person. About 2 hours later the police came knocking on his door. He was yelling some crazy self while running through his home. He didnt open the door so with a warrant the police knocked the door down and sent the canine in. The man yelling "ozzy!!" ran down to his basement, still yelling "ozzy"!. The police rushed in and heard struggleing noises and they thought it was coming from the guy fighting with the canine. WASNT THE CASE. The pitbull ozzy attacked the police dog from the basement steps.

The camra man was moving around to much and all I could make out was the police dog trashing all over the place trying to get away from dog as the pitbull seemed to shake it like a rag dog cutting off the wipe pipe from the grab to the throat. The canines handler started to panic and let a shot off missing both dogs. They cutted the scene, after that and a few minutes later they pulled pitbull dead out the home and the police dog just about dead from the home. The owner of ozzy starts going "crazy" and even starts to cry in the police car because his pet of 6 years was shot, even with a "beware of dog" sign in the window and door. Later on the guy was charged for the guns and the pitbull attack on a police dog.

I'm thinking what the hell!!!!!!! A unknown dog wonders in a guys home and gets killed and its the guys fault! The dog was portecting its owner and home turf. I really didnt like this one but from the cars, it was a older show that came on earler 90's. Did anyone see this?

2. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

Re: Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

the cops should have enter the house instead of having the dog rush in. what if the dog would have hit a kid then what?

3. MPD

MPD Big Dog

Yes, there was so many mistakes I noticed with this show. And they paid no mind to bright red and gold "beware of the dog" signs...

4. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

the police may have been wrong but you still lost your dog and your still a crazy sob for shooting someones cat and then threatening to shoot them. so hey not sure how good of a home that was for the dog. sounds like he let his dog loose to attack someone instead of coming out like he should of so its his own fault his dog is dead. im sorry for his dog.

how about the law and order that was on last night where the pitbull killed some woman in a park. it was an ok show kinda make it sound like it wasnt the dogs fault bcs it had been abused etc etc and the lady's dog had rushed the pit. but why do they always have to use pits hmmmmm better raiting probably.

5. Re: Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

as i always say when it comes to these situations... stupid f#(&!^@ cops... but regardless, cops shoot any dog that attacks "one of their own" so that was logical... they probably figured that once the pit finished off the police dog it would go after one of the officers... all they saw was an unstable animal that needed to be killed, go figure... and beware of dog signs usually dont say what breed to beware of... i have 2 that say beware of pit bull but thats just me...

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

depending on where you live, you shouldnt have beware of dog signs.. something more on the lines of "NO TRESSPASSING" "Do Not open Gate" "Do Not Enter" or "DOG ON PREMISES" a beware of dog sign can be taken as you are admitting your dog is vicious or will attack....

7. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

that is true i was advised by a municiple judge to remove my beware of dog sign for that very reason my sign now reads my dog can make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds can you and has a picture of a pit as for ozzy poor dog seems to have had an idiot for a owner

8. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

I have my gates locked but I also have 'Dog in Yard' signs with and without pictures of dogs. The locks are two fold: So neighbor kids can't get in and the gate isn't left open. I have dogs and a pool and I don't need any problems. As for the guy on COPS, it is another example of irresponsible ownership. I agree that the police dog should not have been allowed in first (children or other adults could have been present), but if the owner wasn't such an idiot, he could have said 'I have a dog/pit loose, let me containhim' before then need to break down the door. That guy really dropped the ball and his dog and a police dog may be dead.

9. jankab

jankab Top Dog

I didn't see the show but maybe he was trying to contain the dog when they kicked the door in? Just a thought...

10. MPD

MPD Big Dog

He was calling for his dog while running through the house I think. The camra man was moving all over the place, you saw the police dog rush in but thats the last thing you ever seen it do.

Both dogs died, the police dog dying later on the man was charged for it

11. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

It's too bad that the ignorant ass cops put there dog in first. Unfortunately all others present will pay the price: two dogs lost their life, and the guy'll get it for causing the death of a police officer (the dog). All because the cops did what they do best....

12. dianabol

dianabol Big Dog

What I Want To Know Is How Come A Police Dog Is Called A Human And If They Get Attacked It Is The Same Charge As Assalting A Police Officer ,but If That Cop Attackes My Pitbull Its Ok??????wtf Is Wrong With That Picture?ON ANOTHER NOTE HOW CAN THE POLICE PERPOSLY TRAIN A DOG TO ATTACK A PERSON RIPPIN THERE ARMS UP BUT IF A PITBULL DOES THAT ITS A RIGHT TO KILL OUR DOGS NOT THAT I OWN A PPL BITTER,THE POLICE HAVE SO MANY MEANS OF TAKING PPL DOWN WHY USE AN ANIMAL?IM GLAD THE POLICE DOG RAN INTO ANOTHER DOG ................

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
  13. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Police dogs are used for officer protection. They are called in when situations look iffy. In this situation, the officer was wrong, in sending the dog in first. Sounds like he was trying to show off for the cameras. The guys dog was only protecting his home. But, the guy did call out his dog first. Two wrongs, don't make a right. Sad situation here.

14. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

That's just a sad situation all around.

15. Re: Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

its because police dogs only go after "bad people" and as we all know from "legit" media reports that pit bulls are "baby killers and VERY human aggressive"...

16. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Try reading it in another point of view...after I read it again, it does sound like he might've been callin the dog to get him. He might've just been trying to find the dog so he could grab him before he'd be seen by the cops and most likely shot, don't ya'll think?

17. Re: Pitbull attacks Police dog on the show "Cops"!!!

yeah that makes sense, id b doing the same thing especially if i knew a dog was going to be let into my house