1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit styles and breeding queston

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Tonio, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Tonio

Tonio Pup

First and foremost how's everyone doing? I'm Tonio I'm new and Im glad to be here. I have a few questions involving a dogs style. You know a ear dog or a rear end one, a offense or defense type etc... I have always wondered if dog men from back in the days would breed to inhance a dog's single style.. two ear dogs should make powerfull more skilled ear dog or Was it better to blend different styles in hopes of getting a complete bulldog? Was there a rule of thumb of some kind? What way was most agreed by ppl to be better. I've read alot and just cant find a straight answer. If anyone can shine a little light on how the oldtimer felt about i would really appreciate it ......Remember I'm talking style not hard mouth, wind or such. Thanks

2. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

Welcome Tonio!:)

3. Tonio

Tonio Pup

thanks bam Ive been looking and reading for a while and finally decided to became a member :D maybe ill do some more reading like breeders interviews and such to find my answer it was worth a try thanks again

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I think it can be done

5. Tonio

Tonio Pup

done research........ yeah a complete bulldog would have been better but different breeders thought and bred different things .As we all know.... for example the eli line is known for its mouth and that wasn't by accident bredings were done to what fit into who ever was breedings fit pat patricxkl had alot of scary dogs that were afraid of everything this according to the officers that slaughtered his dogs just becaUSE THEY NEEDED A TARGET THEN paid the man for all his dogs i heaRD A MILL OR MORE LIKE TWO

6. Tonio

Tonio Pup

Sorry for the spelling but to each his own is my point... im just a pit dog lover that wanted to know what the men in the past were thinking ands who the hell knows but them...

7. Tonio

Tonio Pup

i just saved some unknown bitch that would have been used for craigslist breedings... good for me right ... shes good around the family thats all that matters ... but she jumps the fence if left ALONE

8. Tonio

Tonio Pup

I love her and who cares about her droppy tits...

9. Tonio

Tonio Pup

SAVE THE BULLDOGS ...... OK THATS ALL .....she is frozen. I don't want no one to hurt her i hate craigslist breeders

10. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Good luck on an answer. I'm sure they had different opinions back then just as they do today. As long as there are different opinions its gonna be hard to get an answer without a lot of arguing and BS and then it boils down to your opinion on who you want to believe. With a little work and a good diet those tits should pull up.

11. Tonio

Tonio Pup

Yeah her tits are almost back to normal that's her on my avatar.