1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pesticide cattle tags

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cliffdog, Mar 4, 2012.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Thanks TDK, I'll keep that in mind. I use a permethrin spray and it works good, just always looking for other ways to keep the pests away.

2. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

yeah i just use bronco spray i get it at the local feed store here for about ten bucks.

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I mix some permethrin in with my dominion too, treez. Helps with ticks. Everyone has a different number of dogs to have to care for, and everyone's weather and seasonal tasks are different, so it's best to do whatever works for you in your particular area. It's what I do. It's a must to meet whatever task your area dictates.

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Well said TDK,with different areas and climates, we do have to adapt accordingly. I've just never used the cattle tags and thought if it helped, I'd sure add it to the list of things I already do.

5. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

I use Bayer for some time now and it really works you think Dominion tree and shrub is better?

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

It's exactly the same but cheaper, FSR.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It doesn't work at all where I live...The bayer doesn't.

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Bam Bam, are you using it straight? No water? Water makes it ineffective. I spread it with he mix of permethrin down the back. Put some in a cupped hand and slide it down the tail. Any other troubled spots, I dab there also. I go from the top of the head, under the collar and down. Rub it in. Water disrupts the imidacloprid which is the same active ingredient in Advantage. And as you know, Advantage is dabbed on straight.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

TDK I got stuff to put on them and it works good...But yea I mix it with water to spray the yard with and it hasn't worked..