1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

permethrin???

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Redtail74, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

I have heard that you can get this in a hardware store but what exactly would I be looking for? I mean does it go by I different name or anything and where would it be located in the store?

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Permethrin can be puchased at your local feed store, it a livestock fly and louse powder. Some people also use Sevin dust which is an insecticide and found in the garden section. They both seem to have about the same ingredients.

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I haven't had good luck with the Sevin dust, plus the dogs can get it up in there sinuses and thats no good. We get 10% Permethrin from our feed store, mix it in a gallon sprayer and apply it to the dogs, dog houses, dog spots and surrounding areas and have had VERY good luck with this product.

BB

4. how to mix 10% for dog spot use