1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

People req. neg. Brucellosis Test if you use their male as a stud...

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NorCalTim, Sep 12, 2010.

1. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

But if you bring your bitch to a stud who has been used many, many times, what assurance do you have she will not get Brucellosis?

Can a bitch get Brucellosis from a stud. I guess so, however I do not know anything about it other than it makes males sterile.

2. pig mad

pig mad Banned

Can a dog get brucellosis?? Pigs carry it here and people can catch it are we talking the same desease??

3. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

I do not know if it the same disease, but yes they can get it.

In all of the old ADBA Gazettes, and the person who has a stud dog I am going to use, they req. a neg Brucellosis test before "the deed is done" (a stud dog is used)

How do the pigs contract it?

4. Yas

Yas Big Dog

You need to pay for the stud and your bitch to get tested before the breeding.
    It costs around $80 dollars

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

If the stud only breeds females that test negative,then he won't have it to pass on.I require a negative brucellosis test for breeding,brucellosis is something you absolutely don't want around.

My vet only charges $20 for the test,it takes a couple days for me to get the test results though.

6. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Thanks.

Got ya. That kind of sucks because the guy with the male does not live near a vet. I will look into it more. I don't suppose I could do a (like a DNA test) a cotton swab. Does he have to go actually see the vet?

The owner of the stud requires the test for females. He is an established (good) breeder. His stud is bad ass and only 5 yrs old or so. I would think he had the neg. Brucellosis done on all of the past females he was bred to (except may be his dogs, or his friends). STDs' suck ha ha.

7. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Thanks for the info. It does not sound like a good thing at all.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

You can buy a brucellosis test kit from the Revival catalog for around $170 for 10 tests I think.You draw the blood and results are supposed to be in around 2 minutes.I've not used them so I can't say exactly how good they are, I always just use the vet.