1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

People frustrate me...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RosewoodAPBT, May 19, 2009.

1. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

So, I was looking on craigslist today at the pets section. I just look through there and read the ads that people post to get a laugh sometimes. Anyways, this lady had posted something saying that she needed to rehome her Boxer. She says that they adopted it from a rescue group and everything was fine at first, but lately the dog has been showing signs of abuse, fear and aggression. SO NOW SHE'S TRYING TO RE-HOME IT?! In my opinion, the dog needs to be euthanized! Why would you re-home a dog that bit your husband in the hand and nipped your child in the face? I'm sorry, but that dog would be dead! Well, she had left a phone number to be contacted at...

I call her and she answers. I say, "Hi, I was calling about your Boxer. I know that you probably don't want to hear this, but the most humane thing you can do is euthanize your dog."

So she gets all mad and is like, "I don't need you calling me to tell me your opinion on what I should do with my dog!"

So I tell her, "Well, if you adopt her out to someone else and she attacks their child then you're going to be liable. So how would you feel about that?!" And hung up the phone! I was SO mad! Ugh! People frustrate the hell out of me.

End rant. LOL

2. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Some people don't understand that it takes more than cuddles to fix canine problems. IMO, the rescue shouldn't have given her the dog in the first place. Shame on them

3. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

My dog had terrible fear agression when I got him, never bit anyone and also had a lot of guarding issues and he has improved 80%. I think all dogs deserve a chance unless there is something mentally wrong in their brain. It upsets me when people think dogs are accessories and they get rid of them without figuring out how to make things work. It is a living thing, who knows maybe that lady and her family have absolutely no idea how to deal with a powerful breed and they did everything wrong. A boxer should not be a first time dog.

4. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

I agree with you. And she said that she paid $250 for the dog, so now she's just trying to get $100 for her. All these people care about is making a buck off the dog. IMO, the rescue should take that dog back and probably euthanize it. But I'm sure the lady doesn't want to give it back to the rescue because then she won't get any of her money back out of the deal. LOL. What a joke!

5. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

I do see your point also, David.

6. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

Wow that's a crappy situation. Usually in the rescue contracts if it doesn't work out it states they are supposed to get the dog back doesn't it??

To bad for the dog. Shitty people. I can't even look at those ads most of the time.

7. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

IMO, if the dog is biting people and she has a small child in the house than yes, it needs to go. But NOT on Craigslist. It needs to go one of three places:
    1. Back to the rescue. Most rescues have that as policy anyway
    2. To a trainer that deals with high aggression cases. Most people trying to fix problems like that go about it the wrong way, like petting the dog to "calm it down", which just makes the dog think that you like what it's doing. I'd slap a dominant dog collar on that dog in a second
    3. To the vet for a sleepytime shot. It's all fun and games until it escalates and the dog mauls someone

8. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

Yeah, I thought that the rescues had people sign contracts stating that they have to give the dog back if they ever decide they can't keep it for any reason...

9. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I am also thinking that a shelter would have done a temperament test before labeling a dog adoptable. You would not believe how clueless people are when it comes to dogs. I was one of them, until I started reading and understanding dog behavior and then I became more educated. A lot of people buy a dog without even researching the purpose of the breed or it's characteristics. I doubt a shelter would let someone take a dog that they would consider vicious.

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

any other good deed's you want to share with us mother teresa. why not call some jewish famly & try to convert them to baptist ?

11. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

LOL there's a difference between a good deed and a rant....unless I'm drunk. Really, really drunk....

And I think we all know how quickly "Boxer attacks small child" turns into "pit bull mix attacks small child" turns into "100 pound pit bull attacks small child"

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  12. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

funny:).........

13. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

can always count on you to say some slick sh*t.... lol

14. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

I wasn't trying to share this as a 'good deed' you douchebag! Why don't you go **** yourself...

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  15. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I actually thought he was talking about me.. that is why I said funny. You can't talk back to people that hate on others like that. Just ignore them and they will go away. They love attention and if you give it to them they will feel happy inside.

16. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

True, true. Thanks David! I guess I just have too much on my plate right now. Anything is setting me off...

17. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

As long as you have air in your lungs everything will be ok:cool:

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i call BS on the whole story. teresa if your hart bleeds that much get off the phone get in your car & go play dog whisperer. rants are as good as writing letters to congress. don't talk about it be about it.

19. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

where is the boxer listed for sale at on craigslist, just curious?

20. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

It was on Sac CL, but it's gone now...
    And Ben, why don't you go hug some trees you hippie...