1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

peddling????

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by drama, Aug 23, 2011.

1. drama

drama Pup

With these dogs, everyone sells them, if not, none of us would have the dogs, that we have, some are working men, and sell a pup or 2, to put back into their yard, (vet bills, medicine, feed, etc) and we farm a few out, to some of our friends, but to the public, some hustle, and keep everything, but u sell a dog, they look down on u, or try and knock you, or call u a peddler, its some people that will sell a pup, to anyone with some money, some will sell, u the dog, and not the recipe, and etc, not knocking them, but whats a peddler to everyone, i wanna know, people opinions

2. olrts

olrts Banned

in my opionion its hard to make the difference from a peddler and a breeder
    in Europe Walter Zwettler was a Peddler in my Eyes, but he and his Wife make good breedings

Other thing BadBoys Kennel in Germany Peddle Gamedogs to all people they want one (when the price was right), otherwise there will be honest and correct to Fanciers and Dogmen.

it´s a personal opinion to say who is a peddler and who not, and the reason why he "peddle".

Dogfighters talk to Weightpull or Pet breeders they are Peddlers, but my opinion is that 99% of the Bulldogs doesnt worth a bet in the Ring, but what do you make with these dogs? put em to sleep? no way, my opinon give all dogs a life thats made for it, for the one the ring, for the other the weightpulling and for the next as housepet.

Bulldogs are too great to took their point of view in one way

3. I beleive if you breed for yourself but let one or two go from time to time that doesn't make you a peddler, if one breeds and sells more then half or most of the breedings one makes or breed to pay your bills (not dog suppy's or exspenses) then one might be a peddler.............jmo

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Imo a peddler is someone who looks at producin pups as a business. I don't blame a fella fo lettin a few go for the right price, as was said before it aint cheap takin care of a yard of dogs.
    But when u base your income off of puppy sales, and breed dogs just to make rent. Well......than I see a problem.

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

You go to someone's house and they have some antique they are willing to part with and you'd like to have it, so you buy it. He, then, is not an antique peddler. Same with the dogs. Someone who keeps some of all he or she breeds yet will let a couple go once in a great while to make ends meet on the yard, is not a peddler.
    A peddler is generally determined by 3 things. One.....He will not keep any of a breeding. Sells the entire litter. Two.....He may make a great portion of his income by selling dogs. Therefore his discretion as to where they go may be lacking.
    Three.....He sells in a wholesale manner. He sells pup after pup and dog after dog in wholesale fashion, opting for money over the mass majority of what he breeds. Obviously, these guys value money over the overseeing of the dogs they breed.
    Basically, discretion and priorities are the defining factors.

6. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

TDK's post says it all.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

IMO a peddler is someone who is on many fourms/bords offering pups.they say things like "50 times xyz dog" " tightest xyz dog alive" to me thats peddling lingo and a red flag. they get dogs from peddlers and do as they did. if they have a open yard then that means they will sell to anyone with a visa or cash.

8. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Really, what problem do you see???

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

This sounds very familiar and is very true for most peddlers. I love it when people make excuses for other peddlers because of who they are. A peddler is a peddler regardless of whose doing the peddling. Well said TDK well said!

10. art

art Big Dog

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^agree

11. john denver

john denver Big Dog

Read the article in the SDJ about peddling,2 dogs of peddlers became foundation dogs for good dogmen:)

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

To put it simply the term peddler is someone who breeds dogs only for the MONEY.

13. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Yep sounds VERY familiar. In it for the money and not for the dogs.

14. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I doubt anyone is saying that all dogs from peddlers are bad dogs. But the vast majority are "nothing special". If you kiss enough frogs you're bound to find a prince.

15. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Big Dog

Maurice Carver

16. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Big Dog

Maurice Carver and Tom garner peddled while still puttn out good numbers

17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

To me, the difference between a breeder and a peddler is intent, plain and simple.

18. gimwitag

gimwitag Big Dog

I would say a peddler in this game is someone who breeds for money and doesnt and wont test stock.

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

most everyone who has been successful and then went on to sell a lot of dogs (even based on their hard work) are deemed peddlers...it is pretty hard to define...a lot of people would say mayday was a product of a peddler...think about the blank in the game if he never was....99% of the faults/issues in the game have always been solved with testing the dogs...if a dog is tested and passes then it really does not matter who bred him, for what reasons, and or what kind of papers that came with him....these situations are easily fixable....US1

20. john denver

john denver Big Dog

now that makes sense.your right on the money slim