1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paw pad torn off

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rojas, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Hello everyone , my dogs both front center pads (the bigggest pad) are torn off, this happened on 11/30 now its 12/2 and she is still in pain , she tries to not put pressure on her front paws as she walks, what i did is clean the pads with a %50/%50 water and soap , flush and dry, she is an outside dog, so it is going to get a lil dirty, it doesnt look infected and looks like new pads want to appear, does it always take so long to recover , i thought she would be better after a day, to this day she is still uncomfterabale, any suggestions, opinions. Thank you.

2. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

if theyre completely shredded, yes it wont just reappear within a day or two.

3. As brindlexpitt said they don't just reappear in a days time LOL.

Get a product called Facilitator. Wash and dry the pads very good. Cover it with the facilitator. You will have to lay the dog down and LET IT DRY before they walk on it. It is an excellent liquid bandage and will keep it clean and promote healing very good. Apply it daily for a few days (4 or 5) and you should see major improvement by then.

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Hey BB, where did you get it? Every place I've checked is out of stock.

5. jacko

jacko CH Dog

are the pads torn off , or just the skin ?

6. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

had the same thing.......will get better. dont let her walk. cage her as much as possible. dont clean too much! dogs walk in piss and shit which they will lick clean. anything you put on they will ingest. petrolium jelly wont do any harm. my bitch took two months......thats will her penned up 24/7.....

7. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

plus......healing occurs when the wound is dry! washing will hinder the natural scab/new tissue growth process.

8. This happen 2 my gyp i used idine and also cut and heal with the big qtip on the end works good

9. unity

unity Pup

10. I actually got it from a friend who works at a vet :) It's really good stuff :)

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Thanks BoogiemanBlood, I dont need it right now but thought it would be good to have in the medicine cabinet if needed. Till I find it I'll have somebody pick me up some of the New-Skin Spray. A link says Wally world has it.