1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Partners or Solo?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Naustroms, Sep 3, 2012.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

A lot of truth in that.

2. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

There have been combines that worked out fine!
    But if you ask me, I´ll work solo but if you have close friends in the dogs there´s always a possibility to cooperate from occassion to occassion!

3. keystone

keystone CH Dog

right dogs is a indivual sport ..no team sport ....

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

folks who own dogs tend to have alotta ego, so partners suck

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Everyone does things differently, I can't imagine not being able to do what I want when I want how I want. Or asking others permission to make decisions, not gonna happen

6. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I like it because it makes schooling a lot easier and the other members have the dogs best intrest at heart. And people keep saying they want to make their own decisions on dogs and why wouldnt you be able to. All of the dogs i own i make the decisions on and run my yard the way i want. The only time that someone else comes into play is with a dog that is co-owned.

7. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I have never been on the receiving end of the dogs through a partner, I have always invited someone in and placed 4-6 dogs on their yard for them to start with and always with the intention that we look at the best ones for breeding later. I have had instances where I show up for a hunting convention and theres one of my dogs in some unknown fellas hands getting set down to catch. I ask where did you get that dog and the fella says "oh my buddy bred it and lent him to me for the contest", after a phonecall and alot of excuses coming my way im out some dogs and a so called friend. Another good one was when I was told I lost 2 males to a yardwreck on a partners yard, I offered to come get them and put them next to their family in the graveyard but got told they were already under ground. About a year later im talking peds with a fella looking for dogs bred similiar to "HIS", turns out he paid $2400.xx for the pair as they were already schooled some and were showing promise. I invited both fellas over for a barbeque the next weekend and my "Friend/Partner", called me a "Fuckin asshole" for setting him up and got his ass kicked next to the fire pit while my wife (ex now) held his girlfriend back from hitting me with a bottle. Maybe I just attract losers and theives, maybe im to damn nice, bottom line is I trust my own judgement better than anyone elses when it comes to my family of dogs.

NGK

8. sega

sega Big Dog

Sorry to
    Hear that NGK but not everyone will screw u like that some people will go out of there way to help you, its just seeing thro any bull shit that's the fucked up part

9. NGK

NGK Top Dog

You should here some of the stories from the 60's and 70's my father tells about fellas ripping off others, back then was a different time and people were dealt with alot more harshly for being rats or theives. Nowadays everyone is in the dogs for different reasons, most of which are self serving.

NGK

10. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Only place you need a partner is in bed.Its good to have a close circle you can do stuff with.But an official partnership 50/50 rarely works without a problem.

11. bigeli

bigeli Big Dog

i know 2 guys that are partners and 1 of them wanted to breed his gyp and the other one told him nah! you cant breed YOUR dog.....and i'm thinkin what the fuck kind of shit is that lol.....

12. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

been down both roads...both have their advantages and their dis-advantages....solo will always work out best in the end....well, at least there will no one to come to blows with when things do not work out....

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Me and my partner have been partner in damn near everything except Sex. We grew up together and came up in the dogs together. 20 years ago I first started and had some good runs til I had to pay a bill that was due, my partner held me down and got his start in dogs then. Now after about 10 yrs he took control and now I'm looking to him. He even enhanced the yard and brought in new flavor after about 3-7 years of mediocrity. He has a partner that is in another state and they break down everything from work sessions and feed and breeding and work. I didn't think it would work but they have excelled with it and you would think they been 20 year partners. One running Jeep Rascal the other Boomerang x Bolio and haven't crossed nothing just work n get view and opinions. When you are grown man and able to accept constructive criticism things run smooth. My partner always says I shouldn't have to check your ego, that's is your own job. I know one thing I'm glad i always got someone to call whether it's for help with cleaning or working or feeding the hard, to shoot the shit, to get an outside opinion or to vent to when the wife is bitching.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

good post rock, yeah they are nice to have like minded friends....

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the combine idea works better....exchanging ideas, in-camp breedings, farming out to one another,....those things make working together very positive....partnerships with dogs on the same yard...co-owning stud dogs...sharing the feed bills on the same dogs....somewhat the same but different....the combine approach works better....seems like the money usually triggers the problems with partnerships...US1

16. SOLO. to much bullshit with a partner

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you hit the nail on the head bud. at least when that partner fucks ya its a good thing. LOL

ive had partners in the dogs, and when you decide to give that a try you not only have to worry about your homelife, but ya gotta worry about theirs as well. years ago there was a fella that i co-owned a couple dogs with. one day outta the blue his wife got pissed off and left his ass... and that dumb bitch took those dogs with her as well. "poof" she was gone with my fucking dogs and went back home... halfway across the country. so my advice is, if youre gonna have a partner, make sure he has a stable homelife, a good job, and lives a CLEAN drama free life.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  18. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Me Myself and I ....

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

multiple personalities sadie?

20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Without a bine.your either a) gonna be feedin a BUNCH of dogs or b) your gonna be CULLIN even mote dogs! Oh yeah.........and checkin your stock??......???