1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Panther/ Nigerino

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by drunkmuppet, Jul 30, 2009.

1. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

If you were to make this cross and everything being everything, what traits should these pup posess?

Thanx.

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

They should look like pit dogs, They would probibly have that typical Eli head (very little stop/flat like head) They should be either black or buckskin with blk mask... Long legs and a deep chest...

Anything else is impossible to say, even IF we knew who the sire and dam were... Good Dogs are where you find em, and sorry dogs are EVERYWHERE!!!

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

B.R. said it, But i like a good smart hunter, problem solver, never mind the look so much! put a good worker who gives there best more or less all the time!:)

4. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

Thanks B.R. I don't have a sire or dam to post. These are two bloodlines that i am interested in and was wondering how the best of the 2 lines would display in the pups. I appreciate your input.;)

What up Buck, Thanks for your info. Going by what B.R. has stated and what you added it sounds like this would make a good pup. Appreciate it.;)

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

athletic dogs that can jump as high and as far as any and thats why almost nobody uses that panther blood

6. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

lol @ jumping high and far. . .

i wouldn't say nobody uses Panther blood, you just probably don't know anyone who does. I can think of 3 very good operations using at least 50% panther blood off the top of my head.

The ones I have seen are very athletic, friendly, strong willed, intelligent dogs. The ones I own who are 25% or 50% I can say are also very easily trained, great in conformation. Mush Mouth and Atreyu can both jump over 6 ft from a dead sit. . . probably higher.

7. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

for real? I know of a couple myself thats why I said almost nobody. all I know is that 1/4 out is workin way better than the heavier bred stuff they have. what crosses are you and your friends using? ever tried the o stevens homer crossed into that? thats one I would be intersted in trying, but from what I have seen I have beed dissapointed with.
    j

8. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

Those are 2 great-looking dogs.:) And thanks for the input. What did you cross with the panther stuff?

9. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Thank you. It's a 50/50 crossed with red boy for Mush Mouth. The redboy is from Boomer stuff.

Atreyu is Mush Mouth's daughter and her other side is loosely bred Colby dogs.

10. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

All the ones I know are either pure Panther or crossed with Red boy from Boomer or old Cottinghams.

11. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

that sounds good, who is panther coming down from?

12. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

13. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

that apostle dog has the blood up close, if I was gonna use it I would like to have it like that only bred to an inbred cholly boy bred bitch.
    j

14. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

he is a good dog. . . being bred to some Panther, Cottingham crosses.

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the loca bitch was a nice panther type litter.. last breeding to two eyes...crossed the two eyes/panther to a straight bolio dog..got a real nice litter from that...if you know the guys with bear and apostle, ask 'em about the cornbread dog from J. i can deal with the panther stuff on a 1/4 or so....nice bred dogs...
    the clyburn dogs go back to miss spazz...a 1/2 brother sister breeding from molly bee...miss spazz was a nice bitch...brought intensisty like anything you have ever seen...had a brother named red baron that was as game as they come....saw those dogs back in the day...that pedigree is full of some really nice, really rough dogs....brings back memories...s.

16. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Loca is what Tarheel Matt would call his cornerstone. A very good bitch from all accounts from the man and others.

If you mean the Johnston's on the name, I don't know them. The current owner of Apostle isn't listed there. He's had two owners I know of. . . neither listed on that ped.

17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

had a few dogs off of miss two eyes, which was two eyes/loca....miss two eyes was sisters to matt's xena....it was a litter of both performers and producers.....real nice....
    crossed the two eyes panther bitch to a bolio male and had some really nice animals....real pleased...have kicked myself in the ass for selling the male....kept a couple of females that really did the trick...s.

18. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Ah I see. . . that's an interesting cross with the Bolio. I really like the cross with redboy though myself. :)

19. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

20. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

What traits does that cross display?