1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Owner's dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mkabayi, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Mkabayi

Mkabayi Pup

I have dogs in my yard and its lots of dogs (according to me). When people visit and look at my dogs and ask how are they bred. Most of the time I will not tell, but when I tell then more questions follow etc, etc, etc.

Amazingly I rate all my dogs as substandard dogs way below what the Irish people brought to America. I read books written way back in 1930's. I see matches of X dog winning against Y dog with X losing into Y dog later and then winning into Y's son. I read of dogs that loses game in 3 hours or so not crying/screaming/protesting in the pit despite being chewed to pieces.

Nowadays (at least in later years than 1930's or before) dogs are said to be game but only sratches and take no hold. The game dog I read about never lie in the pit with wide open and only screaming. This dog is picked up and allowed to scratch and said to be game.

What happened to those dogs in those olden years whould at least hold on to anything of the opponent? Hell, even on the nail with its mouth shut?

We may never see that anymore due to civilization (lol), but in shows why most apbt's are not pulling those trollies for their dear life? Why arent they hanging till the judges go for dinner and come back to stay all night long?

I see in this forum that, not a single person rates his/her dogs low. What a joke! We all have super dogs! Well I do not! I just have ordinary sub standard dogs and I believe everywhere in the world dogs are sub-standard as we no longer breed as per original dogmen of this breed.

Nowadays we see pitbulls weighing up to 40 pounds. WHERE DO THESE GIANTS COME FROM? If you read older match reports. The weights were around 30 pounds and suddenly with the emerging of the likes of Mayfield, Carver etc we suddenly have these huge monsters.

2. LittleBoy

LittleBoy Big Dog

The past is often romanticised. Every era has its ups and downs really.
    I still believe there are stil good dogs out there, just not visible to the public. People sure as hell not going to write about it for everyone to read.

If anything it's because of the likes of Mayfield, Carver etc. that we still have these dogs. Most of those oldtimers dedicated their lives to these dogs in the proces of creating better and better dogs.

But I will tell you this, it's true what you say. Nowadays every dog is "fantastic", not a soul would admit his or her dogs aren't what they hoped for. No one wants to carve their failures in stone, only their victories.

3. Mkabayi

Mkabayi Pup

Ain't this world funny, Littleboy???

In my dogs, I seek the truth and for me to find the same any shadow of doubt must be removed. I will therefore continue looking for failures that victories because out of those failures will come the victories.

I have nothing against Carver or Mayfield but there were other people with these dogs who were not famous and some of us got these dogs through such people. Yes, people who kept a low profile and yet extremely active.

4. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

As far as size goes. Humans are much bigger now than in the 30's too. A 6'2 ft 200lb man back then was a relative giant.

5. Mkabayi

Mkabayi Pup

Not everywhere bamboo! Africans in tare getting shorter and smaller.

6. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Americans, got this bigger is better attitude. Well most of em do. The averages have changed over the timeframe we are talking. People and animals are all changing slowly. If you are looking for a smaller dog, look at the dogs that the APBT is to be from. Staffordshire Terriers.
    There are breeders stateside, that breed em true. Than ya have AmStaffs too...way bigger.
    People are top blame for the most part.

7. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

as far as the dogs--

8. Daniel

Daniel Banned

Yes you are right.The person who should be called the real dog lovers,still have the quality dog breeds with superb health and attitude.In one case it might be true that they are not very common who really know that how to look after a dog properly but the time is not over now.

9. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

not in sudan....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzCLLeJu6w

you see how average it is to have 7 feet man or 6 feet 8 woman