1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Over/underrated Producers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. rebeard

rebeard Big Dog

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good hit, Monty.

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

You know I was sitting back giving this thread a little thought. It was already touched on earlier about how some dogs may have been kept more private than others,hence less "fame and glory". And as well the length of stud careers. But one thing that got me wondering is the variance of opinion on any certain dog. As to say person A may see dogs down from dog1 that are crappy and person B may see dogs down from dog1 that are great. So you'd have two very different opinions about the same dog and both could be counted as correct. Idk I geuss it's like any other convo about these dogs at some point it turns into speculation and opinion if the people talking haven't all seen the same thing. Just a bit of rambling I geuss but that is one thing I thought of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

^^^^^What you're saying is true, Cage. Most things end up being opinion and speculation, not to mention outright hearsay. Some folks become "fans" of certain dogs or lines of dogs rendering them possibly not as objective as they could be, also.

One thing I surely do like about a thread such as this one is the enlightenment factor.....especially for the younger crowd. Maybe, if mention of certain dogs brings to light some "factual" accolades about any certain dogs that never saw center stage, it could educate or even broaden the horizons of those who are less experienced.

It is probably difficult for a novice to determine if any of us are speaking sights seen or hearsay, but somewhere along the line they might learn where some of the up close and personal info comes from. Discern it from speculation, remote opinion and hearsay, one would hope.

If nothing else, it seems to be good entertainment if not a little educational for the young. Kind of like sitting around the old campfire and reminiscing little known facts. LOL

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Back to back great posts from TDK & Cajun.. I agree everything does turn to preference which then leads to opinion and speculation. To answer some of what you were saying Cajun i think it goes to what those men are seeing, are they seeing the same dogs or different. I think some many people value 1 dog over the other that we lose way. like many will overlook the influence of the female all together, heck some didn't back then and a lot still don't even know if their female has any quality other than the ability to produce. Those who breed to a male and have a litter of junk will automatically blame the male even though their female might not have ever thrown anything worth a bowl of feed. I've seen studs and gyps leave yards after not producing nothing and get to another yard and have their value go through the roof off what they produce.

7. rebeard

rebeard Big Dog

good points ,,that goldie dog fits into what your saying in some part ,he came from arizona with a bunch of dogs bought by the texans wen looked at showed cold and didnt come right til very late something unusual like 7 years old ,,you sure cant blame the ones who seen him previously thinking he was no good he also had a snapping head turning style that looks ugly,,the dog later proved his gameness and his producing abilty in top hands but was bred little compared to other studs of the time and as you allude to diffrent opions of same dog etc ,, you couldnt call them that gave up waiting before 7 years haters, its a fair call but think of the dogs the game would of missed out on without him ,,there would be no bolio dogs for example, not all good dogs are available to public stud and ive never seen any relationship to big numbers and quality myself ,, its about the breeding and the dog itself,, they knew the breeding was there with goldie but 7 years is a helluva wait for the dog to come along ,,, i guess theres a lot of patrick dog fans that are glad they did

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah now that would def fit into that type of category. That's how it can happen though, differing opinions formed from a different view. As you say some didn't and wouldn't have waited that long and some did, it turned out well so it plays out as a genius move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

Zebo for underrated?

10. patjr

patjr Top Dog

Womack's Mert, Harris' &:Heikkilla's Eli lll and Hyde's Bloody Sunday..... (some additional dogs to reinforce those already mentioned).

11. keystone

keystone CH Dog

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Under rated:
    STP Nasty
    RCC Gabe
    Tuppers Hacksaw
    CAK King Arthur
    WCC Mavis
    Kelly's Mojo
    Bristols Thor
    Patricks Homer 2
    Holcombs Hap
    PSC Courtney Love
    Reynolds Old Blue
    Farmers Missy
    McCluneys Boy
    Greenwoods Ms Holladay

13. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

14. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

15. SDABPT

SDABPT Pup

Busenbarks Rattler was underrated. He wasn't bred that much but still produced both barnstormers and extreme dead game dogs.

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Nice List...

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..quality may differ in diff;.areas...for sure....getting back to thread..how do ya rate...tonka..red-baron...???..if not mentioned all-ready

18. StarLion

StarLion Pup

Brilliant thread! Where would SCK Awesome Baby fit on the list? For a cold dog that was only bred three times her influence and that of her progeny still resounds

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

mmm..yep..rate a cold producer...good Q../??

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

every area has his champions and his pups of champoins