1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Over/underrated Producers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. gilamonster

gilamonster Big Dog

Well if you mention Morfin's Afogutu you have to mention the littermate sister to maverick
    BOUDREAUX' ROSE II She was his mother. She also produced rom producers in every litter she had. What about this bitch SUK & GARNER'S FRISKITA without her there would be know gr ch titre or a BDB for that matter. What about TOWNSEND'S NIGERINO BITCH POR she was the foundation for several lines. All of these great producing bitches where only bred a had full of times and produced with the best in history.

2. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

3. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

4. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Correction: Not that it matters but I was wrong about this. Don't know how I forgot her but I came across her pic. Heavy patrick bitch. at least 50%.

5. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

I haven't seen these dogs mentioned yet so I'll put them
    Out there for people to decide where they go on the wall !
    Hooten's ch butcherboy rom and mountain man's ch Homer rom.
    And where would mims hard tack rom and mims Carolina Flo be placed?

Nmdogs

6. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

And what about davis's gr ch boomerang?

Nmdogs

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I really don't think Boomerang fits either category. If you're saying overrated, I think not as he produced his ass off. If you're saying underrated, I think not, also, as he received high acclaim for his performance and his production alike. He is a famous dog that has even been a great cornerstone in part or whole for many modern day breeders.

Wall of fame? YES. Wall of over or underrated? I don't think so at all.

8. Polar Ice

Polar Ice Pup

Crenshaw's Big Casey

9. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

T,
    I'm personally not putting him in any category as
    His Record speaks for itself first sdj gr ch,rom
    So as I said in a previous post I'm just putting
    Some names out there I didn't see for others more
    In the know to place or in this case not to place on
    The wall...

Nmdogs

10. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Hell of a great choice, PFK. His Princess bitch was another. Sitting and talking with ol' Roland was a treat way back in the day, too.

12. grove

grove Big Dog

Jenkins Ch King...and generally this familly of Jenkins x Barefield dogs

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

She might have been listed before but wanted to get in depthin a gyp who importance is beyond measure. I know some only give credit to thedog and maybe the first 2 to 3 generations off that dog if they are linebredoff of, but this gyp shown to have the knack of producing. Maybe not underratedas many list her as one of the better gyps but maybe not fully appreciated. Patrick*sRed Baby. Yes she was ROM, being the mother of Ch*s Tonka, Assasin, Crash, Snubbybut also produced some other really good dogs. Dirty Mary, La Bamba, LittleTater, Creamator, etc. Now you add that at least Dirty Mary & Tonka wereROM dogs, both producing lines of dogs around them. Bangaway*s Mr. Patrickproduced many good dogs for the kennel that owned him and many believe withoutdoubt that Little Tater had he lived longer would have been ROM or least aprolific producer. In short breeding career he produced GrCh Buck who islegendary on his own and also Lady In Red. So it*s safe to say he had a knackfor throwing them but look even further and see what*s down off Red Baby, GrChOjo Azul, who is off Bolio Jr (son of Red Baby) bred to Angel Face (daughter ofRed Baby) as an example. So doubled up on her genes still had the ability toproduce. Truly not underrated but not fully appreciated. I could go on furtherbut I don*t want bore you guys with my ramble.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

14. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Just wondering how many of these underrated studs were limited to being bred to by a select group of people / not open to public stud and therefore not really underrated - just underused?

Olddog

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

A good thought, Olddog. There are also those that produced damned well yet died at an early age for one reason or another. Never got a full lifetime of breeding.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

How about Wood's Hershal, Bristol's Thor and Cox' Cisco? Haven't noticed if any of them have been mentioned yet. If so, pardon the repetition.

17. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Nothing wrong with some repitition lol, check your messages.

Also what about some of these forgotten, GrCh Carlo ROM, Ch Booger , Ch Gunner Jr all from Mr Andre oh and would like to add another dog in TDK's Ms. Boo

18. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

R&R, when I read this I thought maybe we should create another thread called "over/underrated dogmen or most over/underrated breeders of gamedogs"
    Mr Giroux achieved so much with limited space, resources and time. I reckon he could've been the greatest breeder of gamedogs had he lived a longer life.

19. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [5988] :: MC MANUS' JOLIE BLONDE
    soloman and Peaches seem to be behind so many greats, Soloman for producing...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [10475] :: PERRY & AYCART'S MS. PACMAN
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [237586] :: EL MEXICANO'S BLONDIE
    Bargain was a total package also...Bargain, his offspring and grandchildren were all tested by the best there was to offer...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [183082] :: JACKSON'S BARGAIN 2XW 1XL
    For producing...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [196159] :: JACKSON'S DOLIE
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [163864] :: JACKSONS SAMMY
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [96053] :: MOORE'S O.J.
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [187255] :: ANIE 3XW
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [179737] :: TUPPERS FREE BEE (5XW)
    Freebee was a great blend of different Eli strains that were game tested against the best...
    Dont know how Freebee produced, but his half sister Polly really seemed to be a super producer...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: OFFSPRING :: JOHNSON & BJ'S POLLY :: [183086]
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [194362] :: GAMEBLOOD KENNEL'S FRED
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [175551] :: FAST & FURIOUS KENNEL'S BORIS 3XW-2XL
    Boris has a crafty resume,lol...But Firecrackers is twice as impressive...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [172564] :: BRING DA PAIN'S FIRECRACKER
    I like these Bargain dogs because they all beat champions or lost game to champions...

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

That's 2 excellent lists of dogs you posted, EP. Good thoughts there.

T.