1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Over/underrated Producers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Loner is a great add to the wall, RnR. Good choice. I should have thought of him, too as I highly respect what he produced.

2. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Carr's Bullet, he's another dog that doesn't get much mention these days but was seemed to add some major quality that everybody i know that knows of the blood speak the same. Hell I'm still looking for some of it and that dog Ch Tonka wasn't too shaby either lol.

3. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Loner has been up since original post.

4. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I think I mentioned Tonka, too. No harm though. It's good they came to mind again.

5. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

TO RnR. All good points. My earlier post kinda covers where I'm coming from with the over/under thing. In a lot of cases its the perception of the dog that is different. The dogs potency doesn't change just because he is popular or unheard of. A lot of the dogs on this list produce the same percentages but some where expected to by the majority and some weren't even known by the majority. This thread puts a little more light on the fact that there are many great producers out there and most are on a lot more of an even playing field so to speak than people might have ever thought. Mainly with the percentages. I also hoped to bring to light some of the "higher" percentage dogs of the past.
    As for Skull, Jeep, and Zebo being on the over list, well that is already the popular consensus with most and those are the best examples I could come up with for the sake of the thread. While I won't argue anyones view of these 3 being overrated, I thought enough of all of them to feed and breed there offspring. I will go further with Skull. If I could bring 10 studs back from the past Skull would probably make my list. As long as I chose the females he was bred to of course. And if you notice what I said about Deadlift. I was making a joke towards the theory that he produced a few more dogs than he got credit for.

6. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Correction. I did not feed anything directly off Zebo as I stated. Grand pups if I remember correctly.

7. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Surely worth mentioning again. Speaking of Tonka. I think I can honestly say that I have never laid my hands on a heavy bred Patrick dog more or less fed one. Boyles dogs yes but not the same. I don't have a point it just suprised me.

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I personally hope.....for the younger crowd, that it helps them perceive the art of seeing through hype, opening their minds, and educating them as to how to define quality better.

9. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

Two I think are underrated and little spoken of are Duprel's Charlie B & Reece's Lady Moriah.

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Two more good choices IMO, Blueboy

11. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

Hey guys I'm in Jewett ,texas on an outage working long hours so been busy....first underated dogs. Well there were so many and all the other guys have pretty much covered them all....I will go with dogs I know of personally.. first off hiw do you guys post these links to the pedigree base? Cause I'd like to post all the pedigrees of the dogs I'm talking about so you will see just how highly bred these dogs were..anyway one we had on the yard was brodt's maskey... (ch. Rascal jr. X brodt's cocoa) maskey was. Double bred grandaughter of ch. Rascal....she was only bred twice once to rebel kennels ch. Turtle(rom) and the second time to rebel kennels ch. Bubba(rom) I liked the ch. Bubba breeding better since ch. Bubba was a grandson of ch.rascal. ..when bred to ch. Bubba it produced rita who won a match at 9 1/2 years old against a 2xw in 32 minutes. .rita was one bad ass bitch..who looked like a street mutt..she had a long skinny snout and head just like a collies but had an alligator mouth and game as hell.. had a lot of 1 and 2xw inner off of both litters but most of these dogs were destroyed and killed when anthony was at Crenshaws place in Georgia. .anthony had loaned Glenn lane 5k and held on to Bubba jr..a 1xw for collateral well Glen never relayed him and waited till anthony was out of town then went to his yard stole Bubba jr. And rebels dolly 2xw 1xl sister to gr.ch.sampson then Glenn turned all the dogs lose on the yard 16 dogs massacred each other we had to put quite a few down that hadn't been killed because they were so badly injured. ..so most of those dogs were lost..the percentage of these litters were like 80%

12. boilermaker123

boilermaker123 Big Dog

Oh and do you know what Glenn did with dolly? He taped her mouth shut and 3 dogged her till she died...now this was the only living dead game dog ever...her last match she lost Ricky picked her up and went to courtesy scratch her and she went halfway across and fell over dead and died...ricky shot her up with epi in her heart and brought her back to life when dolly came to she saw the other dog and wanted to go across. ...the only true dead game dog that ever lived....and this scumbag 3 dogs her and killed her...we had got some good dogs off of her before this happened

13. Polar Ice

Polar Ice Pup

Has Hyde's Meanie and Satch been mentioned yet? Both are worthy in my opinion.

14. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

They are now. Good ones polar. I loved the LayBackJack dog. Oldschool. Like a Texas oldtimer used to say "It ain't a bulldogs unless it's got some Ironhead in it"

15. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Duprel sure had some good ones come thru his yard

16. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Brodt's Katana

17. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

I disdain the media and the way it sensationalizes things, but this Glenn fella's actions sure make it easy for the media to get the job done. What a loser.

18. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Another dog or two we could add to the list of underrated is Ch Morfin's Afogutu, while he is respected by many a lot of folks don't know just how good he was as a producer, Yes folks remember the famous litters, but as i talk to those guys he has roughly about 4 Champions that have a different sire listed. Just know in 1 litter he had 3 GrChamps: GrC Spike, GrCh Lupita, GrCh 357 Magnum.. Also another dog who many don't know, they heard the name but the dog was bred just a handful of times, Aries Kennels Bocefuss Jr, he also turned out to be a helluva bulldog and a helluva producer Gr.Ch. Bo, GR.Ch. Beto, CH. Leon 4x, Ch. Oso, Ch. Gina, in a few short breedings.

19. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

She was bred to a few really good dogs and did her part for sure. The Gator breeding didn't produce like the others out of her or like DB hoped. Bronco was a decent dog. I felt the jeep/rascal/redboy woulda clicked if DB took her back to Bronco or took a bitch outta of the litter back to Gator. But you can only breed a bitch so often and he hadda good thing going with Muta. Pm me if you know about these dogs or DB. We'll shoot the shit like he would if he was still around.

20. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Those are some good percentages RnR. I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of high percentage litters happen within the same stock or yard. A lot of hopes are put on breedings kinda like TD stated but the ones that really know both individuals seem to have much more success. In house/family breedings are usually based more on knowledge and experience than hope. Just like DB with Katana. jmo