1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Over/underrated Producers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

All opinions welcome on those studs that got too much or too little respect when it came to producing. Some of mine are famous rom's but I still fill they might not of got enough credit. And some produced more dogs that produce and so on than others. If you have a list please format yours like mine so reading thru the over and unders will be easier if this thread gets a little lengthy. Here's a few to start.

Underrated:
    Bowling's Loner- Great carver blood that still produced thru the yrs w/out the need for much outcrossing
    Boudreaux' Salesman- FB"S quiet producer
    Brodt's Muta- Definately a hidden gem
    Bristols Herschal- never got much credit for being a great outcross in several inbred families
    Ch Chivo- BD just had better dogs on the yard but Chivo produved some great, game bullyson dogs.
    Shivars/loposay's Buster- Some of the best Bullyson blood
    Ch Deadlift-Produced good dogs we know about and some we might not.lol
    Randy's Gonner-A very game line of animals
    Hands HappyJack- Produced winners and producers of winners with great ability consistently
    Longs Lugar-Great producer. How this dog didn't get bred to 100 bitches like other Jeep dogs in his area I will never know. I still wonder how he had a red nose.

Overrated:
    Boudreaux' Skull- Hard to say cause I loved dogs off of him. The bitch you breed to him is the trick. But the goods ones, WOW!
    Insert several Famous Redboy studs here-lol
    Zebo-Produced better than he gets credit for but expectations where so high and the %'s just weren't there.
    Jeep-just on %'s but I'm not taking away from what he accomplished in history.

I'm sure theres more of both but this should get the ball rolling. lol Again JMO.
    This could get ugly.lmao

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Along with known yet unsung producing dogs, there are many just basically unknown or little known. A list of the latter would be too immense to post.

As far as unsung yet known goes, one of the tops on my list of bitches would be Maloney's Dolly. Some of those you listed, Bru, are excellent examples.

I'll think of more as the thread rolls along. I like the theme. I hope we stick to it as you stated.

T.

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..remember a bitch that was'nt bred till she was 6/7..threw a good % of 1x2x+1ch.. in her 2 small litters...if only she was bred earlyier...there must be a-lot simaleir bitchs...thousands poss;.to many..more if only dogs..lol

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Great idea for a thread...I like your list Brubaker...
    Nice share TDK, Maloneys Dolly does seem to behind some greats...
    Laubs Jessie seemed to ba a great cataylist for generations, hardly noticed...(grch art to his niece)
    Cracker Jack was in the same boat as Jessie...(midnight cowboy chivo bred)
    The Junior Jr. dog also produced extra, extra special Junior.Jr.jrs and grand jrs also...(heavy handsome/bolio/rascal)
    Carrs Bullit was another one that most never heard of...(linebred tombstone and tembo top and bottem)
    Brakes Little Bit was a fine producer...(tight bolio and tombstone)
    Wards ch Baby...(inbred cottinghams teals jeff blood)
    Risingstars Gypsy...(inbred honeybunch)
    Dirty Jersey...(tight bolio boyles)
    Middletons Black betty...(inbred holts jeremiah/bullyson)
    Bourdreaux' Prettyboy...(inbred bullyson)
    Jessies Midnight Jr...(inbred Midnight)
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [32087] :: BULLARD'S DAISY (double deacon-redboy/paladin)
    Some of my favorites all bred the same, not same blood but bred heavy in a particular bloodline... These hybrid or inbred dogs seem more likly to produce, excpecially outcrossed... The Tobe ex Rose dogs are my favorite and the most unnoticed greats outthere..."jimmy boots wasnt another flash in a pan but a brick in the wall as what is known as Tobe Rose dogs, who cares about one dog when the whole family spits fire" an old timer quote on this board...
    My favorite producer of all time is DirtyMary, whom was from multiple outcrosses and produced well bred back to her family or outcrossed...
    Hardcores Breaker is another of the sort... Any bitch that makes rom is a great underrated producer in my eyes...
    While other males that are at the top of the rom list are often the most overrated producers out there...IE...friscos,jeeps,maydays,yellows,banjos etc...
    ITS A NUMBERS GAME... Thers always that lucky breeding that nicks right, but can the parents produce elsewhere???or next generation???

5. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

I went with the males because I think most bitches don't get enough credit in breeding programs so the list would be to long. You read my mind about Laubs Jessie Elias.Good one. And I kinda of lump Cracker in with his pop Happy but yes both very underrated. I fed quite a few with both Jessie and Cracker behind them. Loved it.

6. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Your right Elias. Carrs Bullet is a good one and another dog I overlooked in a previous thread about Tembo. So I guess Tembo should be on the list.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Maloney's Toot, who many may not notice was a brother to Rose from the incredible Tobe/Rose breeding. E. Crenshaw's Prince, Wood's Frijole, Beasley's (Carver's) Tye, CH Little Boots, Greenwood's Davis, Oakie and Lady Lehi. Weldon's Miss Kitty, Gray's Roper, Uselton's King Solomon, and I'm sure many others that I will list when they come to mind.

T.

8. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Damn good ones TD. Oakie and Toot for sure. Well known and still underrated. And Ch.Ty hell with parents like his he had no choice but to produce good dogs. Solomon was a good dog himself but I can't say how he produced so I'll take your word for it sense you fed some of that blood. Same with the Boots blood. How much do you know about the Roper dog?

9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

My friends in the NW owned Roper, Bru. He was well known in those parts but they were rather private folks so he was never advertised or touted widely. He was a game dog himself that produced incredible percentages of winners and game dogs in the few times he ever got bred.

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

11. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Black Shine should definitely be on the underrated list as he is behind many great names that usually over shadow his own.
    I never broke down Little boots ped before. Heavy Spike.

12. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

13. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I agree 100% about Black Shine

14. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

The one you speak of is bred a lil like some Stratton dogs except he used more Bolio which is Bulls half brother. It appears there was common method being used in a lot of that stock. Guess we should not leave Zeke out. Just 2 of his son's started multiple families/strains that are still being used today and successfully at that.

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good adds, Bru. In the RB arena there were Katie's Mr. Bulldog, Bass' Cleo, 000 Red, Medlin's Outlaw and related dogs, Coleman's Turkey and the Parvo bitch.

In the once hot bed of OKLA and TX there were CH Tonka, CH Fred-T, Payne's Black Widow, Hammonds Rufus, Williams' Satin Lady and perhaps earning mention might be David Koehler's Scooter.

I believe Greenwood's Ms. Holladay to be well worth mentioning. More will surely come to mind.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Morgan's Sandy, Carver's Big Black, E. Crenshaw's CH Snow, Stu Fowler, Fulkerson's Spook, Johnson's Rosie. Thompson's Hot Dog. I'll think of even more.

17. olddog

olddog Big Dog

18. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

How could we leave out the StuFowler dog TD. Olddog no offense to Spider but she was bred to some fine individuals to produce what she did. Her and Honeybunch were mounted by the cream of the crop of there day.lol But yes it takes 2 so I'm sure she did her part. And as for CharlieBoy it looks great on paper. U don't see a dog bred like that to often. Some rare, great dogs behind him. What time period is he from? More recent I would think right?

19. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

And how can we mention Oakie and Zebo and not throw the Lonzo's Andy in there.

20. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Orday's Mauler

stedz likes this.