1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

..over-all...results....???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

,..for those that understand the q..be interesting to hear their answer's/results..from long-time breeding.."game working bulldogs"...that what is the most common result ya see when you breed the best to best,,year in year out...is their one thing ya see most happening to the litter results/etc....standerd/etc...the end result's.....????

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

aka the final/total question is that right?

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

what thing ya notice that may change,,to say the individual size for example.....?????

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I think he is asking if you dogs are getting better with best to best breeding

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

some..mmm...lets say do some notice that the size of the individual get's to smaller size's,,,while quality improves.will..try wording it better or others may know what i'm getting at.............

6. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Bulldogs, ''Pit-dogs'' come in different size's and weights. I like ''Game-ness'' I think i understand what your trying to say is the bulldogs are getting smaller? Smaller gamedogs are in demand . Dex:cool:

7. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..YES TO A DEGREE...WHEN CONTINUEING BREEDING ALONG YOUR BASE LINE,AND YOUR GETTING THE DESIRED RESULTS,THAT THEY SEEM TO REVERT BACK TO SMALLER SIZES..as time pass's....IE;30lb-38ib..some even smaller,,even when adding say something new,you may get a few bigger,,but once your back on the same road,,they start comeing smaller sizes..now there can be a-lot off reasons for this..close family etc/etc..but in general....???????????...it's not a bad thing giveing i'd rather small dog's....y/n

8. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

tight breeding/inbreeding etc will eventually decrease animals size. if your breeding your best dogs and they happen to be smaller dogs, the greater the chance of those offspring being on the smaller size.
    brother sister breedings often result in smaller offspring wear as a complete out cross will not only give you greater variables, but some large individuals.

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..when introduceing the new,into your breeding yes you get the variable but the small size....can quickly return,while haveing very good results,,,not ness; very tight ie;sis/bro....true your base would have started out maybe a-bit more variable...let's say i wonder off all the ch+gr;ch/etc/etc...or just any top dog's ...their average size's weight's...would they be the smaller dog's ie;say..32lb-40ib..... or are they the majority,, or is it 46lb--up.....ok given peoples choices,..is the selection of the best say reverting back to a result of smaller dogs....mmm...????..let's say looking at some good breeders results..they have dog's with a longer body lenth for example...????