1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Other breeds you enjoy?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hardhead, Feb 16, 2009.

1. boot

boot Pup

my house dog is an American Bulldog, also I have always liked Bloodhounds!!

2. DMMK

DMMK Big Dog

Other than my Apbt, Patterdales are at the top of the list, as well as a cross that I saw not to along called a Pitterpat.......

3. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Wow what was that like??

4. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

The donovan is a strange dog. I don't know if you can even call it a breed because their is so much variation.

It sometimes has the head of a pit, body of a malinois/doberman. Usually when you see a purebred it looks for lack of better terms right. When I look at those dogs something just doesn't seem right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  5. That Dogo Canario posted is beautiful.

6. These are Bully Greyhounds:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These have varying percentages of greyhound and APBT. I tend to like the ones that are half & half myself.

7. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

there deff is some variation, all i know is all the donovans i have seen have been impressive

8. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Cane Corso, Jack Russell, Pekingese, Rottweiler, and Beaucerons

9. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

Love them!!!

10. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

those dogs are nice! hoq are they as family dogs? are they okay with kids?

11. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

A friend of mine has a couple and they do just fine. Most of his aren't house dogs but the ones that are seem sweet
    Hardhead: They look like they'd make good lurchers

12. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

No doubt about that...I really like that trio of black and whites that man has, great builds on them.

Gonna see if I can't find some videos of them in action. Neat looking dogs.

13. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

thanks for the ifo. they're awesome. those lurchers are very nice too!

14. I'll bet they would, but these dogs are used for much larger game than rabbits! ;)

15. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

guys check this dog out. its a fila brasileiro. they are tenacious guard dogs. just wanted to post a pic. wouldnt own one though because they are too dangerous

[​IMG]

16. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

What are they being used for, coyotes?

I'm very interested in them...They look great. Do you have any experience with them?

17. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

That I'd like a video of......
    *hint hint* ;)

18. Well, they're mostly used in the UK & Australia for Red Fox, Deer, Boar and Badger. They are very uncommon in the US but there's a handful here and there. I've met a few, and the ones that I've met were VERY intelligent, friendly with people, and their prey drive is right up there with the APBT (probably has something to do with the fact that there's APBT in there!:p). Here they are used for Boar, Coyote, and other random varmints (I think it's illegal to hunt deer with dogs here anymore, but I don't know for sure).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  19. Isn't it against the rules to post a video like that on here, or am I wrong?

20. Robert223

Robert223 Pup

For me the APBT will be the top of all dogs too...but breeds i like too are staffbulls and patterdale terrier!

Its just hard to find a decend breeder nowadays for staffbulls!