1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on planned breeding

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by marshall619, Nov 17, 2008.

1. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

A buddy of mine is planning on breeding his Little Gator bitch & I just wanted some opinions from those that run or had experience w/ this line. Here's her ped...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=301629

Here are the 2 studs that he was thinking of backing his bitch to, he's just undecided right now

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=139398

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=160869

Thanks,

Mel

2. bradyFL

bradyFL Big Dog

they both look good, id almost say flip a coin. although i like the out of nigerino in smokey. should be interesting either way you go.

3. game_test

game_test Top Dog

id say yoshi i like the black angel dogs i have seen.

4. DOwho???

DOwho??? Big Dog

Yoshi, he has already produced one winner and he's inbred. on paper and when they drop they should be workable with high %'s at least they should.

5. UNTRADITONAL

UNTRADITONAL Banned

Both are impressive animals. I'd like to think your buddy has already considered the bitch as breeding quality, now comes the tough part. If she's not an ace dog herself, in other words, I consider her flaws, and base my decision on the male I liked the best regarding the bitch's flaws. Blood is almost a non factor here, as I believe either or would "click" so to speak. I'd tell him to go with the male w/the best traits to compliment hers. I seriously doubt that the males are equal as far as their qualities go, but if so, then I'd start factoring in past breedings. Which male has shown to produce better? When bred to what? So on and so forth. I think trying to compensate for her flaws out of one stud pick is more likely going to be the determining factor. Lol. Hopefully it'll be an easy pick, and he should go from there. If not.....break out the drawing board. There are lots of variables to ponder on...... good luck

6. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Yoshi was his first pick, but I think he has better access to Smokey. Another choice of his was to breed her back to her brother. But like Untraditional stated, he's looking towards the dog that will complement her traits & I guess that's where he's undecided at. That's why I leave breeding for the experienced. ;)