1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

opinion oin garner dogs in general

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ofrn_man, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ofrn_man

ofrn_man Pup

what do u guys think about tom garners dogs in general?In other words do u think they are 100 percent go(performance) or just show.Ive heard some good stuff about his dogs,but some tell me he just sells overpriced dogs.what do u guys think.A opininon would be greatly apreciated!

2. game_test

game_test Top Dog

his dogs have proven themselves in many areas , from shows, different types of competition, and companion animals. they all seem to have good conformation from the dogs i have seen.

i dont really agree that they are overpriced either.

3. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

My brother has a dog off of TG and there is nothing lacking on that dog.

4. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Those people that are telling you that tom garner and his dogs arent worth nothing are the same people that would piss there pants if they see him across the box (pre 1976) with one of his dogs. So I think you should never listen to a person that talks shit about another dogman unless they are more skilled then the dogman or his dog has proved to be better.

5. ofrn_man

ofrn_man Pup

u have a good point there,you are very right.dont get me wrong ive heard some very good things about tg,and im looking into one of his breedings!

6. Caos

Caos CH Dog

I begin to breed garner dogs in 2000 and they work really good to me.

7. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

I had a buddy with a Garner dog. Ton of energy nothing lacking from that dog.

8. clmr

clmr Big Dog

I only had one, and it took her 36 months to act like an APBT, and then she didn't meet the APBT standard.

9. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

I say if you can afford the price on the pup then get one from him, i havent heard anything bad about the dogs only controversy or what ever was about some frozen sperm or something like that(dont even remember anymore)

10. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

They are all not going to be good. I dont care who you get them from. And you cant make a judgement from one dog. I liked the older stuff he was putting out like in the early 90s they were beast. J

11. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Cool....thanx!

12. CBASS

CBASS Pup

Tom is a good guy who knows dogs. Like w/anyone else though, nothing is garaunteed. He is one of the best breeders to date, especially w/his line of choice. People don't realize the eli stuff was already tight back in the days through many inbreedings and line breedings. A lot of the good ones from way back were 1/2 sis/bro or cousins period. Rascal/Snooty/Midnight Cowboy/ Nigerino....the Art stuff....all related. That's why it's vital to understand the blood in todays time, and skillfully decide on breedings. It's very easy to become unsuccessful runing pure Eli, however, Tom pulls it off, and that's why he gets my credit. It comes from many years experience and understanding the variables while breeding. I've used the Chinaman for years, atleast as an out. Exceptional dogs, smart, and rough. I've had better turn outs w/the female animals when dealing w/the heavy Frisco stuff. One bad trait I discovered over the years is the attention spand...more so in males. They just tend to lose interest quick in what ever they are doing. To offset the bad qualities, we crossed heavy Frisco, into Jeep/Redboy and got plum fools!

13. preme

preme CH Dog

had some tight frisco i like very well but when i began to cross with some over lines such as my buck/yellow dogs thats when i had what i needed it still working with that to this day..thanks for the juice TOM....

14. Caos

Caos CH Dog

I must say thanks alot for your reply you told all the true now!:)