1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : The Michael Vick Reality Show

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ohmidog!

ohmidog! CH Dog

Imprisoned*NFL star Michael Vick has reportedly talked to producers about launching an unscripted reality show that would follow him from*the day of his scheduled release as he tries to*”make amends for his past.”
    The Hollywood Reporter cites sources as saying*producers*visited the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback in prison in the hope of signing him.
    Vick is serving a 23-month federal sentence for dogfighting, and he’s under pressure as well to submit a plan for crawling out of debt to a bankruptcy judge. His lawyers*told a judge this month* that Vick has agreed to a “television documentary deal” that will pay him $600,000.
    I’d be interested in knowing what network is considering airing this, so I could make a point of never watching anything on it ever again — unless of course he’s really “making amends.”
    In that case, for his initial amend, I’d propose any money heading his way — from this venture, any book,*or any other enterprise that capitalizes on his past exploitation of dogs — be sent instead to animal welfare organizations.
    Can I hear an amend to that?

More...

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Do you really think the animal welfare groups deserve any help???I'd rather put the money in a pile and burn it before giving to the animal rights groups.

3. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Ah ah ah, there's a clear difference between animal rights and animal welfare and since I'm an animal welfare advocate myself, I'd appreciate it if you didn't confuse the two ;)
    Animal welfare: Makes sure the cows you eat aren't living in horrible conditions
    Animal rights: Wants to make sure you don't eat meat, hunt, fish, or wear fur at all

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

damn the man has a right to work. he did his time who cares what money he makes. we have murderers & ceo's get jobs after doing time no one bitch about that. if your mad write a letter

5. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Eh, screw Vick. If you're doing something illegal, common sense says that you don't have morons living at your house. I wish people would shut up about him already. There are more important things to worry about

6. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

As much as I do not like Michael Vick the person I must stand up for Michael Vick the United States Citizen, I agree that he should be allowed to persue whatever career he chooses so long as it has nothing to do with dogs.

Its funny, where were all these soccor moms when Martha Stewart was breaking the law ? She went to prison,got out and was aloud to conintue her T.V. Show (and with much support too I might add) so why is it ok for her but not MV ?

If he gets a TV show who cares, I myself simply will just not watch it, not going to cry about it...let it fail in the ratings, that to me will send a bigger message to him.